Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Stepped  (Read 1444 times)

darthmurda

• MichaelJohnsonCg@gmail.com
Stepped
« on: January 19, 2016, 04:29:53 PM »
Any reason I'm getting these stepped breakups on my geo?  Right now its on vertical beause its stays upright meaning not turning throughout the spline. Adaptive seems to keep it together but it rotates throughout the spline. Any help would be appreciated.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Stepped
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 05:54:56 PM »
Hi.

You should be able to fix this issue by increasing the Curve Steps value found in the Style rollout. If this doesn't appear to make a difference then check that the spline does not have Interpolation > Optimise checked as this can prevent curve steps from working correctly.

I hope that help but please let me know if you have further questions.

Many thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

darthmurda

• MichaelJohnsonCg@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 03:44:28 PM »
This helped a bit but now it sort of rippled.. I've attached an image and a dropbox link so you can check it out. I can't figure it out for the life of me. Please help and thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3nvxhsovb7jjl4/RC_Platform_v01.max?dl=0

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 06:05:36 PM »
Hi,

I think in thus case the issue is being caused by the shape of the base spline, similar to this recent post. In your scene file I can see the spline has a few small kinks that are causing this problem.

Small deviations in the path like this can become magnified by the time they reach the furthest vertices. I'm afraid the only way to to fix this issue is to edit or recreate the spline.

I hope that helps but please let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Many thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software