Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: "Standard" Bricks trouble remains  (Read 4816 times)

TL1895

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: "Standard" Bricks trouble remains
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 03:40:31 PM »
Hi,

Please find attached sample scene with a possible solution.

Hope you'll find useful.

Best regadrs,

TL1895

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 04:00:26 PM »
Hello and thank you for the assistance :)
I'll get a look in the file today, but so far, it may work.
Thanks again,
TL1895

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 04:11:05 PM »
Hi,

You're welcome. All the credit goes to my colleague Paul.

Best regards,

TL1895

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 04:46:20 PM »
Hello,
Unfortunately, the problem persists.
In the attached screenshots, there are 3 different length brick occurring.
There should be one size.  (One full 7 5/8 brick.)

Your example is nearly right, but I cannot stop the bricks from changing sizes .
On a separate note, it is typical to measure/lay brick by face of brick (at least around here :) ) so would it be feasible to
change the style so it is not center justified?  I tried to change the segment, but then the corners got messed up.  ???

Thanks again you guys have the best product support!

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 05:45:07 PM »
Hi,

I'm not sure, how "There should be one size. (One full 7 5/8 brick.)" can be archived, if the wall (spline) doens't measure exactly the multiple of the full brick size. I would say, that at least one brick in the row needs to be cut or the size of each brick have to be adapted (and it'll not measure the 7-5/8").

Best regards,

TL1895

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 06:28:44 PM »
Yes, In reality, there would be cuts, sometimes, but in this case, even if there are going to be cuts, there should still only be a brick and a half brick.  Now, I have an 8" brick, a 6.3545" brick, and a 9.2454" brick  in the same course.

The spline in this case will be adjusted as needed, but each brick should not be cut or stretched, even if the end bricks go beyond the spline.
Can this be achieved?  Sorry if I've not been clear.
Like attached...you see, only one size brick.  The smaller bricks at corner are just the ends of full sized bricks.
This is all I am trying to accomplish :P nothing special, literally standard masonry Running Bond.

Thanks again for all your efforts!

FC1888

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 04:53:54 PM »
Isn't there an option to prevent the bricks from being rescaled to fit. I'm no expert but I am sure there is an option to prevent Railcone, from stretching an object, where it is and whether it would fix this problem, I am not sure.

TL1895

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 06:18:29 PM »
I agree, but I cannot make it happen with this style yet  :-\

I'm having slightly better results with an older file example from itoo.

RobH2

• Who is staring at the sea is already sailing a bit
    • NVision4D
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 02:19:17 PM »
Has anyone found a solution to the stretching of bricks? I get small stretching also and can't seem to lock the size down. I do engineering models so it has to be correct, it can't just look good.

Update: I believe I've found a solution, at least for the Style I'm using. My style is based on the RC Tutorial "Mapping Tiles and Bricks." It took me forever to figure it out but go to the 'Array 2S' and in 'Properties/Rules/Default Segment' change the 'Mode' to 'Tile' instead of 'Adaptive.'
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 02:34:36 PM by RobH2 »
ForestPack Pro 6.3.1, RailClone 4.2.13, 3ds Max (Max 2024), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS x570 Master Motherboard, RTX4090, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 03:28:53 PM »
Hi Rob,

Yes, Tile Mode will prevent the stretching, you'll just need to make sure the array's size is exact multiples of the brick dimensions if you want to avoid sliced geometry.

Sounds like in your case that's not an issue, but for people who don't need to worry about exact sizes, adaptive mode works well because it rescales the geometry so that only whole segments are used. This has efficiency gains too, since sliced geometry is no longer instanced.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

TL1895

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 05:19:41 PM »
Has anyone found a solution to the stretching of bricks? I get small stretching also and can't seem to lock the size down. I do engineering models so it has to be correct, it can't just look good.

Update: I believe I've found a solution, at least for the Style I'm using. My style is based on the RC Tutorial "Mapping Tiles and Bricks." It took me forever to figure it out but go to the 'Array 2S' and in 'Properties/Rules/Default Segment' change the 'Mode' to 'Tile' instead of 'Adaptive.'
Wow @ RobH2, thanks for posting your solution, I had basically given up this thread...