Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Stupid Question? Randomly use several Arrays..  (Read 2805 times)

Adam86

Stupid Question? Randomly use several Arrays..
« on: February 22, 2018, 02:23:11 PM »
Ok i might be overthinking this or not seeing the obvious but...

I have looked at the blinds tutorial, using closed square splines to generate blinds on windows... I am taking this several steps further so that i could have several houses using different sets of blinds / curtains / rollers. I want this to just be one Rail System. since the majority of a 2array is taken up, how can I make several of these and hook them up so the system will randomly use different sets and apply? I may just go with the spline ID's if I can't get it to work...

The second question is I want to randomly distribute objects on the bottom of each window, how can i randomly distribute just one object per window and have it central? I think i'm having a slow day... :-s

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 02:45:55 PM by Adam86 »

Adam86

Re: Stupid Question? Randomly use several Arrays..
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 02:32:09 PM »
The only way I can think to do it is limit each array to a ID, but that means I need to assign the ID too each Spline instead of it randomly choosing

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Stupid Question? Randomly use several Arrays..
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 01:23:10 PM »
Hi,

Limiting Generators to the Material ID & randomly set these on the base spline would be the recommendable way.

Thought, theoretically it’s possible to generate a random integer value and use the “if” condition within the Arithmetic Operator for each Generator to get a boolean value upon the random linked Random Parameter – it might give incorrect results and it would currently work just for the whole spline (because of the order how RC parts are being evaluated to prevent circular).
“… randomly distribute just one object per window and have it central ...”
Using the Randomize Operator linked to the Evenly Input set to the Count (1) Mode should do the trick.

Hope that helps a bit.

Best regards,