Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Suggestions for RailClone Tips&Tricks tutorials  (Read 119670 times)

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Suggestions for RailClone Tips&Tricks tutorials
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2015, 08:57:27 AM »
a seed parameter for the randomization could be nice, instead of manual input of numbers.
+1 for this!  Good one!

Hi, it can be done replacing Randomize by a Selector node, and attaching the index to a Random number generator. In the folllowing way:
Then, you can export Seed to a Parameter, if needed.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

NP2889

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2015, 12:41:16 PM »
Well,

my experiance untill now shows, that producing styles that are useful for other useres, as we need them in our company libary, leads sometimes to very many exported parameters, to control what we need...

so the list of parameters to change gets sometimes a bit to long and to unorganised, and theres no way to organise it in a more handy and meaningful way... maybe a dropdownlist, seperators, grouping of parameters with a headline something like this...    could be nice...    :)

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2015, 12:22:40 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions. We've added them to our wish-list for review. I sometimes add an unused Numeric node named with a line of dashes to a style to act as a separator, but we'll look into other options.

Many thanks!

Paul
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 02:25:37 PM by Paul Roberts »
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

cboogie

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2016, 10:56:03 PM »
Great tutorial on the windows.  It got me thinking - is there a way to adjust the vertical spline in a 2D array to use the material ID of the segment like you do in the drop kerb tutorial.  It would be great to build a 2D array for the first floor of building (call that material ID1), then a separate 2D array for  the podium floors (ID2), then a 3rd 2D array for the upper stories of a building (ID3).  Assuming the same footprint for all of them I guess).  But to be able to drive it all with a single vertical spline might be kind of cool.  So if you need to remove a floor from the podium level, you just slide the vertex down some. 

TeapotCreation

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2016, 11:16:27 AM »
Is there any way to scale the windows displaying the different parameters ?
Is that conceivable ? Or is it due to 3dsmax standards ?

Thanks a lot :)

Morne

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2016, 04:34:55 PM »
Thanks for last tutorials, it is very useful!

Second is little bit similar but difference is random count of objects in depth and  these "goods" are sorted by groups, something like this

Regards,
Sergey

+1 on this please!

FC1888

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2017, 09:53:31 PM »
While we do have several asking for a roof tiling tutorial already. I would a little more specific. I recently had someone ask me, how to apply roof tiles (slate) to a curved roof plane Now I have seen examples of flat roof planes, and even conical roof sections..but this one was curved inwards and the lower edge was a smaller curve to the top edge... Try as I might, I just couldn't solve that one, is seemed to me that it required 3 splines, not 2, one for bottom edge, one for top edge and one for the slope.. So yes a comprehensive roof tiling tutorial covering several style of roof flat, concave and covex, would be incredibly useful.. I imagine it would be a lot of work, but I also imagine many very appreciative users out there, if this type of tutorial was produced... Have only had Railclone since mid December last year and haven't as yet had a great deal of time to practice with it.. although it has come in very useful on a few projects, roofing is one of the big problems with architectural visualisation, that Railclone could really make a lot easier.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2017, 02:40:36 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion. We'll certainly be producing a roofing tutorial soon, but we're waiting for the release of RailClone 3 which has several improvements that will make roofing even easier. On the other hand, I'm interested in the type of roof you describe. I'd like to see if it can be solved with RC, so I wondered if you had any images of similar roofs or even a simplified scene you could share? If so. please feel free to email me paul@itoosoft.com.

Thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

FC1888

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2017, 11:36:09 PM »
Hi Paul

Apologies for the very late reply.. I've been so incredibly busy, which is great, but also meant that I have not visited the forum for some time. Anyway, I have emailed the scene as it was sent to me. It is basically just the roof planes, originally modelled in AutoCAD, which I imported into Max and then saved as a max file, I also included the image, that was initially produce, using a basic render and photoshop, which obviously wasn't as realistic, as my friend wanted it to be. He had attempted to model the tiles individually.. but never had the time ad try as I might, I could not solve it either.. My only suggestions were to model them individually, which would take forever or to use textures and perhaps displacement, which was not exactly ideal. but would be easier.

Anyway as I say, despite my very late reply, I have emailed the very basic Max scene and the very simple render of how the building itself was to look, for you to play with... I will be very interested to see if you can solve it and an explanation as to how and even more interesting is the new tiles library I noticed mentioned... I look forward to seeing what you come up with on this tricky roofing problem

Many thanks for your prompt reply and once again my apologies for my very late response.

Terri Brown

• Terri Brown 3D
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2017, 02:21:32 PM »
Thanks for last tutorials, it is very useful!

Second is little bit similar but difference is random count of objects in depth and  these "goods" are sorted by groups, something like this

Regards,
Sergey

+1 on this please!

+2!

OJ3358

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2018, 02:20:02 PM »
Hi !

I have a suggestion, but not for a tutorial.
It would be great if there was a Discord group for Forest Pack and Railclone users. It could help a lot artists to exchange between them, I think.

Best regards,
Cyril

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2018, 12:15:40 PM »
Hi, 

Thanks for the idea. we've created a Discord server here for our users: https://discord.gg/m9WXQym

Please note that we can't provide official support on Discord, for that purpose users will have to use our Forum and Email. But if you want to use it to talk and start a community with other artists who use our software - go for it!

We'll publicise it more widely with a couple of other social options soon.

Cheers!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

FC1888

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2018, 05:53:54 PM »
Hi !

I have a suggestion, but not for a tutorial.
It would be great if there was a Discord group for Forest Pack and Railclone users. It could help a lot artists to exchange between them, I think.

Best regards,
Cyril

You do realise what Discord actually means don't you.

Discord

"disagreement between people"
"lack of concord or harmony between persons or things"

strife, conflict, contention, dissension, a state or condition marked by a lack of agreement or harmony. discord implies an intrinsic or essential lack of harmony producing quarreling, factiousness, or antagonism.

Is this really the kind of group you want to be associated with????

OJ3358

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2018, 08:07:13 AM »
Is this really the kind of group you want to be associated with????
Yeah !
 :P **laugh in professor chaos voice**

Thanks btw for the creation of the group !

Mouton

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2018, 09:53:05 AM »
Tutorial Request

Hi Itoo
Can you guys create a Video tutorial explaining in depth how to use Expression the values etc because they are very hard to understand cant wrap my head around them

thanks in Advance
Mouton