Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Suggestions for RailClone Tips&Tricks tutorials  (Read 119746 times)

Piotr

Re: Suggestions for RailClone Tips&Tricks tutorials
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2018, 12:06:10 PM »
Feature - Segments Align

Aligning (left, right, top, bottom) elements inside Style Editor.

I know that adding multiple segments deploy them in an array and we can keep it using Note but in further adjustments, it is often difficult to keep simple order inside RC schemes. If such feature already exists, please let me know where can I find it.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2018, 11:32:18 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, it's added to our wishlist.

All the best,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

FC1888

« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2018, 04:11:35 PM »
Some time ago now, I mentioned creating curved roofing using Railclone. I wonder if it will ever be possible, maybe Railclone 4 will find the way.

While flat plane roofing, with skylights / dormers, is easy enough, it would be really fantastic to be able to tile a curved surface.

Examples of the kind of thing that would be a fantastic addition, would be.

Rokas

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2018, 08:50:33 AM »
Some time ago now, I mentioned creating curved roofing using Railclone. I wonder if it will ever be possible, maybe Railclone 4 will find the way.

While flat plane roofing, with skylights / dormers, is easy enough, it would be really fantastic to be able to tile a curved surface.

Examples of the kind of thing that would be a fantastic addition, would be.

All 3 examples You pasted in is already possible with RailClone Pro.
Rokas

FC1888

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2018, 01:24:35 PM »
Well that's news to me, having discussed this some time ago and having sent in an example of a curved roof, so that they could see if it was possible, I never heard anything back and have yet to see any examples of Railclone doing curved roof surfaces, as yet. Perhaps I have missed something, maybe I need to search and see if I can find examples of someone actually doing this sort of roofing. Great to know it is possible, but would love to know exactly how i is achieved..

Thanks Rokas

Adam86

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2018, 03:44:13 PM »
Hi - wondering, could we ever get interactive font / number text? if I'm adjusting a spline, could it give me a length and change on the fly along with my rail-clone geometry? Could rail clone ever grow to not just be parametric models but more of a grasshopper from Rhino? So many things I want to do but not sure if I could do them currently (not to say i can't use it, I use it all the time!).

thanks,
A

IH3888

ESC stop modification
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2019, 04:16:17 PM »
A very practical trick, which it would be interesting to correct: when by mistake you use the mouse cursor to start changing a size value instead of entering a value on the keyboard... railclone systematically freezes max. (amplified by the number of polygons in a module...)
It would be interesting to stop the action by doing ESC on the keyboard....

Rokas

Re: ESC stop modification
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2019, 08:37:20 AM »
A very practical trick, which it would be interesting to correct: when by mistake you use the mouse cursor to start changing a size value instead of entering a value on the keyboard... railclone systematically freezes max. (amplified by the number of polygons in a module...)

Some max operations are stoppable, but some are not. We will investigate the possibility.
Thanks for suggestion.
Rokas

FC1888

Re: ESC stop modification
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2019, 03:34:53 PM »

Some max operations are stoppable, but some are not. We will investigate the possibility.
Thanks for suggestion.

Personally I never use the mouse to change values, it's just too messy. Particularly messy when extraordinarily large numbers of objects can suddenly be generated, slowing down Max and it's response time, even leading to max freezing or worse crashing out.

If the spinners were more like a rotary dial, with fine a course settings, sure they would be much nicer to use, but as they are, they are far too course and prone to jumping to extremes, so I'll stick to entering numbers / values from the keyboard..

Yes you can adjust them, just as you can for zooming in/out, using the mouse wheel, but while I love Max and wouldn't change to another platform, for all the money in the world, it has a clunkiness to it, that some find ways around and others get frustrated over.

Took me many years to get used to it's sometimes antiquated behaviour, but I refuse to give up on it, it's like an very old friend, who I know almost as well as myself. Sure they'll screw up once and a while, but that's life and you just move on.

Terri Brown

• Terri Brown 3D
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2020, 12:55:16 PM »
Hello dear Itoo geniuses,

Would greatly appreciate tutorials/tips on the different macros shipped with RC...maybe one Ten Second Tip per macro?

Thanks!

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2020, 01:01:04 PM »
Hi Terri,

Thanks for the suggestion. We've released a few macro tutorials, but You'll be glad to know that more complete coverage is  on our to-do list! We're just waiting to push out some updates to the macros before we get underway.

Cheers,

Paul.
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

IT1371

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2021, 10:16:13 AM »
Is there a way to make the segment to appear in the Base Objects list?
I have these templates that I made and I use them to quickly distribute geometry along a spline. Sometimes its benches, street lights, trash cans etc, and I use markers to specify their locations on the spline.
There is no significance which geometry are being distributed. All I do is drop the template from the library, open Style Editor, pick the geometry I want from the scene and violla.

The thing is - its time consuming to open Style Editor every time to swap the geometry to something else.
And I don't want to make a complicated RC object and swap them with a selector - many of them I won't be using for other projects.

So is there a possibility for a special type of Segment Object that will be intended for swapping directly from the Base Objects list? Like a shortcut.

Rokas

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2021, 10:19:43 AM »
Is there a way to make the segment to appear in the Base Objects list?
So is there a possibility for a special type of Segment Object that will be intended for swapping directly from the Base Objects list? Like a shortcut.

There is no such option as of now, but thanks for Your suggestion. Registered.
Rokas

KD4391

« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2021, 12:05:15 AM »
Hi team - are there any plans to update the RC preset library?  Some items in there are outdated and it would be refreshing to have some new content

FC1888

« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2021, 01:15:15 AM »
Hi team - are there any plans to update the RC preset library?  Some items in there are outdated and it would be refreshing to have some new content

If you had seen the first every live Q&A video back in May of 2020, you would have heard them discussing new libraries for Railcone, nothing was definite of course, but I can't imagine them releasing the new version, without releasing some new presets for it, if only to demonstrate the new features, whatever they might be. If you have not seen it, I can highly recommend it and I do hope they will be doing more of them in the future, even better when things are a little less restricted, due to the current situation