Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Suggestions for RailClone Tips&Tricks tutorials  (Read 119671 times)

RealViz

Re: Suggestions for RailClone Tips&Tricks tutorials
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2021, 12:26:42 PM »
Could the Style Editor have a maximize button? Suitable for multiple monitors. Thanks

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2021, 12:54:18 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion - added to the to-do list.

Best,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

FC1888

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2021, 01:40:34 PM »
Could the Style Editor have a maximize button? Suitable for multiple monitors. Thanks

Can't wait to see the tips&tricks tutorial for this

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2021, 01:48:58 PM »

It'll be a 3 hour epic.
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2021, 02:11:30 PM »
How about that for service?  :)

It'll be available in the next beta release.

Thanks again for the suggestion,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

RealViz

« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2021, 02:44:50 PM »
It's not animated, I don't understand :-)

FC1888

« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2021, 02:53:27 PM »

It'll be a 3 hour epic.

It's a shame that you just don't have the time to dedicate to producing a tutorial once a week for both Railclone and Forest Pack Pro.. Have learnt a lot from the many you have produced over the years. Have watched them all, some several times, but as you can imagine, especially with Railclone, there is still so much a person can learn.. What makes it even more difficult is the current situation, which seems to go up and down recently.. One thing I would love to see is a really long series, taking a user from basics all the way through every feature of the plugins, based around a single project, perhaps one for Railclone and another for Forest pack, but again thinking of the immense amount of time that would take, sadly I doubt there will ever be such a series.. Anyway, can't wait to see this 3 hour epic, any ideas of when it might be released hahaha.. Keep the great work, I have found both plugins immensely useful in my every day work and finally to all the folks at iToo Software, a very Merry Christmas and maybe, just maybe a very Happy New year.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2021, 04:05:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, we're glad you find the tutorials helpful. We have plans for several new tutorials including longer series as you mention. More info soon!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

FB4122

« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2023, 10:58:13 PM »
Procedural Buildings A2S generator with a closed spline (Clipping area), not separately X and Y splines

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2023, 09:38:56 AM »
Procedural Buildings A2S generator with a closed spline (Clipping area), not separately X and Y splines

Hi, you might find this tutorial handy which contains both options: separate x and y spline, or footprint spline and height parameter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5vjdy4ZG0&t=634s

I hope that helps,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

JG_archviz

• JG
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2023, 12:00:28 PM »
another suggestion would be to add a switch into the rail-clone lister for "switching auto update"
I realized even if the rail-clone object ist disabled, editing the source segments in max, feel sluggish when they are connected to an auto-updating rail-clone object.

Not sure if that is just in the recent rail-clone version, or was behaving like that before.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2023, 01:17:05 PM »
another suggestion would be to add a switch into the rail-clone lister for "switching auto update"
I realized even if the rail-clone object ist disabled, editing the source segments in max, feel sluggish when they are connected to an auto-updating rail-clone object.

Not sure if that is just in the recent rail-clone version, or was behaving like that before.

I suggest to use Display->Proxy Cache->Embedded, which is more efficient.
It saves the state of the RC object with the scene, and it's not necessary to rebuild it anymore, except if you want to make some change.

It can be changed easily from the Lister (latest column).
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software