Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RailClone 3 macros  (Read 55064 times)

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
RailClone 3 macros
« on: November 16, 2017, 04:10:27 PM »
Please use this post to share your RC3 macros with the community.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

STRANG

• [STRANG]
Re: RailClone 3 macros
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 02:43:17 AM »
Could anyone share your diagrams showing your A2S Generators with macros and other mods. The more simple the better as I am trying to learn how to use them.  I followed the Itoo YouTube tutorial to set up a macro but I would like to see an entire diagram / tree / chart from someone.  Please and Thanks!

Travis
IG:travismharrison
Landscape Director
Environmental Modernism
www.strang.design

Rokas

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 11:48:21 AM »
Can You please specify why macros included by iToo is not enough for You?
I attach a simple macro in maxfile for You to explore.

Let me know what else You would like to learn.
Rokas

STRANG

• [STRANG]
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 03:51:36 PM »
I think Itoo's macro's are going to be fine for what I want to produce.  I want to produce mostly screens/facades, mid-rise/high-rise architecture, paving patterns, custom furniture, etc... I'd like to learn how to create simple objects/elements and then tweak them with the built-in Itoo arithmetic macros to create customized paneling/patterns.  Most likely I phrased my inexperienced question incorrectly.

Thanks for the assistance!

Travis
Landscape Director
Environmental Modernism
www.strang.design

Rokas

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 04:28:15 PM »
Feel free to ask any question, the more specific, the better.
Happy to help.
Rokas

FC1888

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 08:03:33 PM »
After watching the first video concerning macros, in the set linked to in the email announcing Railclone 3,2. I decided to give them a try

I chose Bricks - Running Bond - as I recalled a few problems with brick walls and wondered if al those problems were solved.

However, first thing I noticed was that the macro being demonstrated was different to the one supplied with 3.2

Whenever I try to use the one supplied, I get half bricks at the beginning of the spline, as you would expect, then I get bricks on the corners, that are 45deg or if I deselect bend, I get bricks rotated at 45 deg on the corners. NOT as shown in the video, where they are at 90deg to each other on corners and overlap correctly.

Also rather annoyingly, in the video, you don't see the actual segments (bricks) being used.... and I have to model them laying on their side, to get them to appear correctly. So perhaps it is the way the bricks (segments) need to be modelled that I am confused about

It is all very confusing and when it states in the macros description, that corners overlap correctly, which as you can see, they obviously do not, it doesn't help.

While having all these macros is obviously helpful in speeding up workflow, for many tasks. Having no instructions of how they should be used, very short video or even some textual description, with a few pics, at least in this case, makes them almost unusable

Of course I tried to figure out what the macro was doing by clicking on edit, but that only succeeded in confusing me even more.

I think maybe we could have a brick wall library. Standard brick 21.5cm long, 10.2cm wide and 65 cm high. Grout size, should always be approx 1cm... Say with a nice selection of materials and say several bond patterns. Then just draw the wall spline, and let Railclone handle the rest.. Would be really nice too, if you could have it handle curved sections as well, which strangely the macro supplied can indeed do, just not right angles.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 08:06:21 PM by FC1888 »

Rokas

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 09:03:58 PM »
Try changing segments Alignment:

Rokas

FC1888

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 01:17:54 AM »
Tried all kind of permutations for Alignment, except that one of course haha.. Cheers Rokas

STRANG

• [STRANG]
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 09:09:45 PM »
Is there a macro or set of macros that could achieve a spiraling/stepping façade like Gensler's Shanghai Tower?  See attachments for more details. 
Landscape Director
Environmental Modernism
www.strang.design