RailClone > RailClone Pro (*)

Tangency problems

(1/3) > >>

trimitek:
Hi there,

I'm trying to align some corner elements with a surface, but can't find a way to get it right.
It works good on the 90 degree corners I have, but bezier corners are problematic.
I had tried every trick I know, but it seems like that in this case nothing fixes it.
Here is how it looks like:

(The corner elements are on separate Linear 1S generator)

Any magic tricks to solve this?

By the way, Max always had a problem with this type of bezier corners - try making an offset (outline) on such spline and you will get something like this:

Maybe it's related.

Paul Roberts:
Hi,

I'm having a little trouble reproducing the issue.

(file attached)

Would you be able to attach your scene file so I can take a closer look?

Many thanks,

Paul

trimitek:
That's weird. I had made some more experiments, but nothing really helped much.

It's a very large scene, but I had extracted the problematic elements and attaching a file for you to look at.

Paul Roberts:
Hi,

I have attached a new file, hopefully it is working correctly.

I've changed just a couple of things, mainly I rotated the source geometry to that the roof and rafter were aligned along the Y axis of world space and reset the XForms so that it's not longer necessary to compensate for their rotation inside RailClone. I often find this makes the style a lot less confusing if you are finding issues with orientation. I've then set all the rotation values in the RailClone style itself back to 0. You'll also need to turn on Align to Path in the corner Generator's Properties > Corner settings. When this is on RailClone will align the corner segments by bisecting the angle at the corner.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have further questions.

Many thanks,

Paul

trimitek:
Wow!
I had tried almost all of the things you did, but obviously didn't hit the right combination.

There is some problem with the vertical positioning of the corner elements now, but I'm not sure if this can be avoided. I might need to make different segments for some of the corners.

Please don't fiddle more with this today Paul, I'm feeling guilty for making you work on Sunday.
Thank you very much for your help!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version