Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Clipping area bugging my default segment. What to do ?  (Read 4829 times)

SI3457

Clipping area bugging my default segment. What to do ?
« on: January 21, 2014, 12:18:21 PM »
Hi, new to this railclone version. Trying to simply array a segment and clip it with a spline.

Borders are all strange look at the image.

What should i try ?

For the moment i tried to change spline interpolation, tried to change projection, tried to subdivide base segment, tried to rebuild the clipping curve, tried to change x-bevel options(none, extend, vertex type). This has not worked.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 12:26:30 PM by SI3457 »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Clipping area bugging my default segment. What to do ?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 01:43:56 PM »
This problem seems caused by the Max boolean function, that we use internally to clip the segments. Unfortunately it doesn't always work as intended.

Please, send a test scene to support@itoosoft.com. We'll check it.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

George

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 03:51:10 AM »
Carlos,

What's the function in the SDK that you're using? I've been playing around with the SDK recently, and I want to see if I can smack it around a bit and get it to work properly.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 10:39:03 AM »
Currently we use MNMesh::MakeBoolean with Intersection operation, which is equivalent to Boolean->Intersection.
Anyway, in our internal build we have replaced it by Boolean->Cut which works much better, and seems to solve all clipping issues. This modification will be included in the next RC beta.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

George

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 02:46:01 AM »
Sounds good. The main issue I ran into was that I was getting different (more accurate) results when my system units were in cm rather than m.