Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Timings debug info?  (Read 471 times)

Alex.S

Timings debug info?
« on: October 02, 2020, 03:14:41 PM »
One thing that would be really good for testing would to be able to see the processing time required for various parts of the logic if possible. They have this in Substance Designer and it really helps for debugging where you are going wrong.

For instance in a recent profile I made, I had to redo entire parts because I'd done selections on different uvw adjusted versions of the same segment. It was far quicker to build quite complex arithmetic to find the correct values and just have the one xform and segment.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Timings debug info?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 08:41:49 AM »
Hi, that info is already available from General->Show Statistics.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Rokas

Re: Timings debug info?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 09:22:26 AM »
Hi Alex.S

I just wanted to add that more granular node level timings (as in Substance Designer) is a not as easy to gather as there are multiple stages in the process.  RC geometry is not as linear as Designer Textures.
Maybe timing tools can be added but it will require deep analysis. Thanks for Your suggestion.

Anyway there is a hidden internal tool to see how many times nodes are evaluated. It is more for debugging RC bugs than RC styles, but might be useful in some cases.
Just set RailClone to seed "9999" and create "C:\tmp" folder.  Then it will generate stats in c:\tmp\railCloneStats.txt file.
Rokas