Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Trouble building a curtain wall with Array 2S  (Read 4498 times)

TCoote

Trouble building a curtain wall with Array 2S
« on: October 19, 2017, 06:47:24 PM »
Hi,

I'm having some trouble building a curtain wall with the Array 2S. I've followed along with your tutorial on building a curtain wall, but I can't seem to get it working the way it should.

When I select a horizontal column to be spaced every 6m, and place it in the Y Evenly input of the array, it removes my "default wall" section that is wired into the default input.

I've attached a .Max file and would really appreciate it if someone could tell me where I'm going wrong. The idea is the "default wall" section fits between each of the vertical and horizontal columns. This seems to work fine with the vertical columns, but behaves strangely when I try to add the horizontal columns.

I've wasted a full afternoon of R&D on trying to get this to work - we're trying to integrate Railclone into our facade building workflow for masterplans, and this seems to be one of the final hurdles.

Regards,

T

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Trouble building a curtain wall with Array 2S
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 05:11:42 PM »
Hi,

I would suggest you to take advantage of the A2S with Intersections bundled macro. Attaching the modified scene. Another possible style set-up would be to use Sequence Operators.

Also, please feel free to check the "Parameterising Windows with RailClone" thread, where you can find several sample files with styles using both X Evenly & Y Evenly inputs. Hope that helps.

Best regards,