Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Trying to "achieve" something basic...  (Read 367 times)

djibvongenf

Trying to "achieve" something basic...
« on: March 10, 2023, 09:20:44 AM »
Hi All,
im trying to achieve something i try to consider as basic but it takes more time to understand what's wrong than building it manually (and probably in real life also)

Excercising to ventilate a column, a window and a piece of wall around a spline but i can't get something visually correct.

- Cannot have a column at each corner or at least what could be considered as a corner
- Cannot get the piece of wall straight
- Cannot get the windows more or less acceptable

Maybe someone have an idea or a solution better than what i've cerebrally concluded

thank you

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Trying to "achieve" something basic...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 12:06:40 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your questions and the file. Please find attached an adjusted version. I've changed the following.

- Made the knots on the spline into Corners. A few were Bezier knots and these will not generate a Corner segment with the default RailClone settings

- Rotated the source geometry so that it's along the X Axis and rest the xforms. Removed all rotation settings from the Segment nodes. I find it's much easier to work this way that to have to turn things around inside RailClone. Also one segment needed to be selected from he scene. Not sure why

- I'm not sure what you need to do with the windows. At the moment they are simply sliced if they meet a corner but perhaps you have other rules you'd like to use. Let me know how they should be distributed and I can help you adjust the graph.

All the best,

Paul.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 12:36:17 PM by Paul Roberts »
Paul Roberts
iToo Software