Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Unable to SplineLength & SectionLength together?  (Read 2461 times)

Alex.S

Unable to SplineLength & SectionLength together?
« on: June 14, 2017, 05:27:56 PM »
Hi there,

I'm using the last version of RC 2.74

If in an arithmetic function I use XSplineLength and XSplineSection together I get this message

Unknown token: XSplineLength

Then later if i try to correct it a hard crash.

This is quite frustrating as I wish to scale the tiling based on the percentage of the object this takes up and I can't... I don't see a way to resolve this...

It also happens if I seperate the use of them into different arithmetic functions and join them up.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 05:36:00 PM by Alex.S »

FC1888

Re: Unable to SplineLength & SectionLength together?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 05:42:48 PM »
Surely you need an input for any Arithmetic function.. In your case the spline length and section length values, for the function to know what the values to divide are..

NOTE : I always hated mathematics :)

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 05:51:19 PM »
Hi,

Upon my quick test, it seems to behave correctly (attaching screen-shots and the sample scene). Would you mind to send us your scene? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Alex.S

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 06:13:42 PM »
Remember I'm using 2.7.4 not 3.x - I am also using max 11 and the newer version doesn't support it.

If I don't put the divisor/denominator in a max(x,0.01) unless I directly type the number in I get a crash.

Even with that, the uvw calcs aren't working right, so I assume it isn't calculating out right at all.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 01:49:45 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the provided scene and sorry for my late reply. I can confirm, that this "Division by zero" bug with expressions has been already fixed in the RC3.
"... the uvw calcs aren't working right, so I assume it isn't calculating out right at all ..."
The Arithmetic Operator seems to give correct values for the UVW XForm Operator, but because of the Scale mode selected and bevelling applied, these are "distorted".

Please feel free to describe more in details, how the final style should look like. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,