Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Can't create folder in a custom library  (Read 1451 times)

Bruno NM

Can't create folder in a custom library
« on: January 11, 2016, 04:31:04 PM »
Hi,
I just follow the documentation regarding ''How to create custom folders and custom paths''. P-210 after creating a Library Browser, i named it Preset_Raiclone, i right click on the folder and choose ''Create Folder''. Max pop-up this window...
Need help ;)

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Can't create folder in a custom library
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 06:11:01 PM »
Hi,

I imagine that it's to do with the permissions for the folder location but it's hard to tell from a screen shot. Where is the new folder created? You could also try testing by adding a folder to "User Libraries" to see if it's a general problem or related to where your "Presets, RailClone" folder is saved.

Many thanks!

PAul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Bruno NM

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 08:44:20 PM »
My itoo software Library folder is located on  C:/Program Files (x86)/Itoo Software/Raiclone Pro/lib
And i created a new folder User's Libraries on  C:/Program Files (x86)/Itoo Software/Raiclone Pro/lUser's Libraries
I retry with a right click on the folder into the raiclone toolbar, now i got a new error message: ''Access Denied''

Do you think this is a admin problem because i use Bootcamp...

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 10:49:38 AM »
Hi,

That problem is caused because Windows has certain restriction on file creation in the Program Folders directory. Running 3ds Max as an administrator will fix this, but we strongly recommend user libraries are not saved in the program directory as they can be overwritten if the plugin is updated or uninstalled.

I hope that helps but please let me know if you have further questions.

Many thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software