Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Use Spline or Light Object like Segment  (Read 3629 times)

UP1808

Use Spline or Light Object like Segment
« on: September 22, 2014, 10:22:34 AM »
Hi!

I'm wondering if it's possible to use a spline object like segment.
Do you know the Hair and Fur modifier? I can apply it to a spline object to reate hairs, it simply uses a sequence of splines like section where hairs pass through.

It could be great if I can place these splines/sections using the RailClone tool (and then convert it to editable spline) 'cause I can build very complex hair/fur rigs which could be impossible in other way.

A similar question regards lights like segments. For large interior areas could be very useful to use RailClone to build faster a parametric light rig.

For now the workaround is to use RailClone geometries like references and replace them thanks to a useful SoulBurn script.. but you know... the workflow would be faster, the power of RailClone is also is parametric feature.

Thanks a lot!

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Use Spline or Light Object like Segment
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 11:04:19 AM »
Hi, thanks for your suggestions.

Unfortunately RailClone cannot generate splines or other non-geometric objects (as lights), because it's a procedural geometric object.
In the past we tried some tricks to avoid this limitation (specifically to create lights), but we were not satisfied with the result. Anyway we don't discard this idea for future versions, if we find a feasible way to implement it.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

UP1808

Re: Use Spline or Light Object like Segment
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 11:48:39 AM »
Thank you Carlos.

Good job!