Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Clothes  (Read 561 times)

Bobby Parker

Clothes
« on: September 13, 2022, 07:55:18 PM »
Any way to do some clothes on hangers, on a closet pole? I need to fill some closets with clothes, and it would be wonderful if I could draw some lines and have Railclone populate the clothes on the hangers.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Clothes
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 09:24:30 AM »
Hi,

That shouldn't be a problem - you can add the clothes as a segment and randomise them just as you would any other segment. I've attached a sample file that's taken from our Next Steps with RailClone guide that might help out.

Best,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Lars Egerrup / LKE Design

• LKE design website
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 10:24:53 AM »
In relation to this, I’m making a rack for a fashion shop.
The challenge in this is that there are groups of similar cloth, that then should be distributed randomly around in the shop. The first part can easily be done using the sequence modifier, where you can set the number of linier repetitions per segment - and maybe even randomize this number using a number randomizer.

My problem however is that I then would like to randomize the distribution of this sequence with similar sequences with another order. But when I try, the randomizer just look at the sequence as a list of segments where it can pick from, - so the result is just a random distribution of cloth pieces that are not grouped.

It would be good to either have the possibility to make the sequence to only make one cycle, - and that cycle would be considered as an object. That could be randomized. Alternatively, if it would be possible to set a number of repetitions (like in the sequencer) that would be grouped and distributed as one segment.

- or do you have another workaround?
Lars Egerrup
LKE Design

E: Lars@LKEdesign.dk
W: www.LKEdesign.dk

Dragan

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 11:10:15 AM »
In relation to this, I’m making a rack for a fashion shop.
The challenge in this is that there are groups of similar cloth, that then should be distributed randomly around in the shop. The first part can easily be done using the sequence modifier, where you can set the number of linier repetitions per segment - and maybe even randomize this number using a number randomizer.

My problem however is that I then would like to randomize the distribution of this sequence with similar sequences with another order. But when I try, the randomizer just look at the sequence as a list of segments where it can pick from, - so the result is just a random distribution of cloth pieces that are not grouped.

It would be good to either have the possibility to make the sequence to only make one cycle, - and that cycle would be considered as an object. That could be randomized. Alternatively, if it would be possible to set a number of repetitions (like in the sequencer) that would be grouped and distributed as one segment.

- or do you have another workaround?

Try nesting L1S instead sequence, that should do the trick.