Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Corona render  (Read 1601 times)

IT1371

Corona render
« on: March 06, 2017, 08:32:24 AM »
Couple of questions:
1. There are no corona materials when loaded from your libraries. Is this normal or I have setup something wrong?
I can only see standard, vray, mentalray and sometimes thea.
2. From what I read at the corona forums, when assigning a non-vray material to a RC object it will automatically disable Instancing Engine.
This is not the case with my setup.

Using RC 2.7.4
Corona 1.5 trial
Max 2017 SP3

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Corona render
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 01:25:20 PM »
Hi,

(1) RailClone's library currently doesn't contain material versions for the Corona Renderer. We're continuously trying to add new libraries / upgrade existing ones and we'll see what can be done in future releases. Also, please feel free to post any ideas, photographs or drawings for elements that you would like to use in your projects as all ideas and suggestions are welcome. For this purpose there is a "Vote for RailClone libraries" thread on our forum.

(2) That's not correct. The Use Instancing Engine option isn't automatically handled upon material assigned to the RC object. What you should consider when using the Corona Renderer is that there are few partially supported features (like the Material / UVW XForm Operators), which can be enabled by turning off the instancing engine.

Best regadrs,

IT1371

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 03:11:50 PM »
Hi,

(1) RailClone's library currently doesn't contain material versions for the Corona Renderer. We're continuously trying to add new libraries / upgrade existing ones and we'll see what can be done in future releases. Also, please feel free to post any ideas, photographs or drawings for elements that you would like to use in your projects as all ideas and suggestions are welcome. For this purpose there is a "Vote for RailClone libraries" thread on our forum.

(2) That's not correct. The Use Instancing Engine option isn't automatically handled upon material assigned to the RC object. What you should consider when using the Corona Renderer is that there are few partially supported features (like the Material / UVW XForm Operators), which can be enabled by turning off the instancing engine.

Best regadrs,

Thank you for your answer.
Well I ask mainly because I struggle with the Corona scene converter... converted RC mats look nothing like they supposed to.. but I think its Corona related.

It would be nice if we could disable the Instancing Engine from the RC Lister  ;)
Or a script that toggles disable/enable to selected RC objects.

Best regadrs,

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 04:16:08 PM »
Hi,

It's possible to access the Use Instancing Engine option from maxscript by "$.rendermode = off" ("$.rendermode = on"). Hope that helps a bit.

Best regards,