RailClone > RailClone Pro (*)

variable size, but equal chamfer

(1/3) > >>

Rokas:
Hi,

how can we create a style with variable size sgments, but equal chamfer`s ?

I can create a segment with RailClone and randomize segment size the way i want, and then feed it to master RC, but this way segments random values are randomized once, and repeated in master RC.

Paul Roberts:
Hi Rokas,

Are you able to split your tile so that the end chamfers are separate segments and then piece them back together using a compose operator, scaling only the mid section:

Alternatively if you want to use a RailClone object as a segment and maintain randomisation, turning on the Nest option from the Segment's properties should do the trick.

Cheers,

Paul

Rokas:
Thank You Paul for taking interest in this problem.
I attach a max file, so we could be on the same page...

Your first suggestion is interesting- I almost managed to make what I have in mind, except chamfer on Y axis- as I scale segment in Y direction- chamfer scales as well.

Your second suggestion- which I would prefer, doesn't work for me- please see attached file and tell my what am i doing wrong?

Paul Roberts:
Hi Rokas,

Thanks for sending the style. It looks as though there is a fixed random seed value in a Randomise operator. The Nest option changes the global random seed of the RailClone object (found in the general rollout) to create the variations so this explains why it isn't working. I sometimes find adjusting the global seed is a useful test when nesting files, if adjusting this value doesn't change the style then it won't change when nested either.

If I turn off the seed override option in the Random operator the style appears to work as intended.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Paul.

Rokas:
OMG, thank You a lot,- that is huge revelation for me...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version