Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Railclone Curb  (Read 1223 times)

LM1206

Railclone Curb
« on: October 21, 2019, 12:38:28 AM »
I have a spline and I have a curb object,
as soon as I assign both of them, the object loses both its textures and it scales down for some reason.

First off, why would this happen by default?

The only way I can find to adapt the size of the object is by transforming the object. How can I just make sure the object does not rescale? Changing the tiling seem to do nothing, IN fact none of the parameters seem to have any impact. 
I can't get the textures back on the objects. How can I do this?

You have a curb tutorial but it doesn't address any of this? 

I would like to create a curb and have a way of creating/controlling the space in which the driveway depresses the curb.  Much like in the tutorial. Is there a macro for this? Why not?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 12:50:46 AM by LM1206 »

Rokas

Re: Railclone Curb
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 08:23:54 AM »
Hi

Would You please send us Your file with mentioned problems. We can't diagnose the problem without seeing Your file first.

Regarding last question- we have some presets where You can control where to place lower curb (Set Spline Material ID to 2):
Rokas

LM1206

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 05:44:07 PM »
Here is the file. Could you provide a tut or an example of how to lower this curb. 

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 08:25:23 AM »
I have attached simple, easy to understand solution. Hope this helps
Rokas

LM1206

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 08:02:25 PM »
This example still doesn't have textures on the objects. How do I keep the materials mapped onto every Piece of curb?

Also how do I determine where the dip in the curve occurse?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 08:04:58 PM by LM1206 »

Rokas

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 08:19:26 AM »
Hi

I believe this is what You need to understand about RailClone. This entry shares a tip how to quickly manage segments Material IDs without too much hassle.
I would like to note, that in RailClone 4 there is a option to use original segments materials (unfortunately for now only with vRay and Arnold render engines)

Curb placements are adjusted by modifying Base Spline vertices and setting material ID = 2 where You want Your curb to be lower.

Hope this explains a bit. Let us know if You have further troubles.
Rokas