Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Endless stream of zeroes and ones  (Read 3866 times)

Ingo

Endless stream of zeroes and ones
« on: December 27, 2017, 06:23:39 PM »
Hi there,

I like to animate an endless binary stream of randomized zeroes and ones. I built a simple Railclone with 2 Segments (0 and 1) and a Randomize. When I animate the translation in the transform tab of the segment, Railclone won`t produce new numbers.

Any tips how I can animate the stream differently?

Thanks in advance
Ingo

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Endless stream of zeroes and ones
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 11:37:42 AM »
Hi Ingo,

I'm not sure, how the animation should look like, but what about making the base spline larger, animate it and restrict the desired part by a Clipping Area? Attaching a sample scene. Hope you'll find it helpful.

Best regards,

Ingo

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 01:22:08 PM »
Hi Michal,

thanks for the tip, but unfortunately, the spline has to be animated a differnet way to fit my projekt. I have to animate the verticles of the spline, so that the form and lenght will chance over time.  So I can´t animate the movement of the spline.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 12:38:47 PM »
Hi Ingo,

While using the advised "Clipping Area work-flow", the movement can be archived also by animating for example Generator's Limits > Padding > Start / End value(s), but most probably that'll not fit your scenario neither. Please feel free to describe more in detail your scene set-up (ideally upload a simplified scene). Thanks in advance.

Best regards,