Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Scripts for RailClone  (Read 129706 times)

Dragan

Re: Scripts for RailClone
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2022, 02:24:25 PM »
Yeeesssss!!! Thank you mate!  ;)

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2022, 02:27:45 PM »
You're very welcome!
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2022, 02:49:38 PM »
 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
When I saw the prefix "RC_" I had to check it again....
I have to revisit all the tutorials from start to finish.
Sorry for wasting your precious time.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2022, 02:54:09 PM »
Never a problem, always happy to help out!  ;D
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Alex.S

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2022, 01:06:04 PM »
is there a way to "pause" global regeneration of meshes, and then re-enable it. Every time I change a param in RC Spline or Object it really slows down. It'd be nice to make 10 changes then regen with a handy pause / resume RC button.

Dragan

« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2022, 01:11:33 PM »
Well, you could open the RC Lister and temporarily disable it. I don`t think there is any way to keep the geometry visible and pause regeneration.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 02:53:51 PM by Dragan »

Alex.S

« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2022, 02:51:49 PM »
may as well just hide the object for that case.

Alex.S

« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2022, 12:36:15 PM »
I figured out how to do that btw,

for each rc object in the scene obj.autoUpdate = off / on etc

It will be quite slow when re-enabling all though! I could make it more clever to only disable it on those related to the selected spline etc

Dragan

« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2022, 09:00:22 AM »
I was looking for a similar script but had no luck.
I have a lot of closed Subsplines for Windows/Doors and I want to select/detach some of those within the specific range looking as RC X-->XY workflow.

I know it is an easy task just to set some Conditionals and filter them within Style Editor but usually, I`m preparing RC Presets for end-users so often time I`m requested to create a "Single-Spline Type" preset.

Hope that makes sense.
I think the script could look like img attached. Inputs for the range and small +/- Threshold to make sure to catch small deviations in size.
tnx

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2022, 10:14:19 AM »
Hi,

Looking for a piece of code to automatically inset n-Markers evenly divided on spline

Cheers

p.hubert

« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2023, 01:35:37 PM »
Hello everyone, I have several questions about the RailClone script.

Firstly, I would like to know if it is possible to load a custom preset via Maxscript, without having to go through the library, just with one command.

Lastly, a question about RC Splines. I am currently working on a script that adds markers to my RC Spline. Through an interface, I have a list of all my markers. I would like that when I click on an item in my list, it automatically selects the corresponding marker (so that I can move it manually and not with "distance" or "percentage"). I have found how to access the array of the RC Spline and how to activate marker selection via the "subobjectLevel = 1" command, but once there, I do not see how to tell it to select the corresponding marker.

Many thanks!

Pierre

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2024, 07:07:14 AM »
Paul,
How about some script to merge RC Splines.
E.g. I have one spline with RC Spline modifier (with markers ) Same situation on second spline. I would like to merge them togegther and keep both RC Spline modifiers ( or mege markers into one modifer - it doesnt matter ) with correct markers position and marker data.

Many thanks
Michal

Dragan

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2024, 07:41:07 AM »
Paul,
How about some script to merge RC Splines.
E.g. I have one spline with RC Spline modifier (with markers ) Same situation on second spline. I would like to merge them togegther and keep both RC Spline modifiers ( or mege markers into one modifer - it doesnt matter ) with correct markers position and marker data.

Many thanks
Michal

+1

Mannii RC

« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2024, 10:49:41 AM »
I have an issue with Railclone Tools and maxscript.

Let say I run

Code: [Select]
Railclone_Pro.global.Instantiate 2 "aaa" false false false true
It does what it suppose to by instantiating railclone, but somehow 3Ds Max movement goes weird.
Even if I try to reset to empty file after that, I create a box, I try to move that box, it'll go really far.

All I can do is to close that Max and reopen to gain the normal movement again. It's like the Instantiate process somehow trigger something with the axis.
This however, does not happen with the Instantiate button in Railclone Tools. Only happens when I try to run the Instantiate via maxscript.

Another question.
In the doc, (https://docs.itoosoft.com/railclone/railclone-tools)

Railclone_Pro.global.Instantiate (1)mode (2)layerName (3)autoDelete (4)separatedMeshes (5)forceInstances 
and then

Example: Railclone_Pro.global.Instantiate (1)0 (2)"railclone_instances" (3)true (4)true (5)false (6)true
How come there's an extra argument needed? What does it do exactly?