Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Window wall (again)  (Read 1814 times)

Dragan

Window wall (again)
« on: July 20, 2018, 03:33:42 PM »
Hi,
I have new challenge.  ;D
I need to setup a Window Wall (pdf)

1. My attention is to use L1S because I want to play with different Material ID Limits.
2. I would like to have option for randomly window open.
3. I CANT use Nested segment for the Window  (the red one) UNLESS there is a way to keep Windows Frame width.
4. Generator should have some parameters for Master Height (HEIHGT), heights position  for horizontal bars (H1 & H2)

Main issue is how to do opened windows. I guess COMPOSE operator will do the job but I STILL have problem to understand it.

I placed some element in the scene so if anyone  have time to play around and give some ideas..... ;)

Best Regards
Dragan

« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 07:47:19 AM by Dragan »

Rokas

Re: Window wall (again)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 10:29:47 AM »
Hi Dragan,

Do You want to have different width windows (with fixed frame width)?

Unfortunately that is not possible with RailClone 3, unless You make those windows variations beforehand and put them in RC based on other parameters (mtlID, SplineLength...)

Our goal is to make it possible with RailClone 4- it will have rewritten compose operator and Transform nodes will be significative (For example, Translate + Rotate will produce a different result from Rotate + Translate.)
Rokas

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 02:07:51 PM »
Hi Rokas
Tannk You for responding. Yes that was idea, so we will wait for RC4  ;)

Meanwhile I go whit different approach and also have a problem.
Although I know what causing the problem I cant fix it (compose for evenly segments are not mixing random selection as I want)

Best Regards
Dragan

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 02:51:29 PM »
Well I believe You understand why is this.
You are forming a start of the next window not knowing if it will be opened or not. Thus we have errors.
Some other approach should be followed. I cant find a workaround in this situation.
Rokas

Dragan

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 03:25:20 PM »
Hm...
It will be good if Randomize operator have some kind of seed parameter and if we could sync between operators like we can do sync between Generators. Randomize operator will pick randomly but from the same position of the two or more groups.

segment  Group1 (A,B,C,D,E,F) to Randomize1
segment  Group2 (G,H,I,J,K,L) to Randomize2
segment  Group3 (1,2,3,4,5,6) to Randomize3

Ouput segments (AG1) (CI3) (FL6) (AG1) (BH2) (EK5) (BH2) (DJ4) (BH2) (BH2) .........

Hope you understand me...

Best Regards

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 03:44:10 PM »
It will be good if Randomize operator have some kind of seed parameter and if we could sync between operators like we can do sync between Generators. Randomize operator will pick randomly but from the same position of the two or more groups.

You can use a "Random" node together a "Selector" operator. It will work identically to Randomize, but with predictable random values.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 06:59:38 PM »
Yes, that was my initial idea.
It will be nice if we could make a sequence node connected to the Default and to be able to fix (lock) x-size for some segments and the rest should be calculated to suit Default segment size.