Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Corner issue  (Read 558 times)

full-blood

Corner issue
« on: December 05, 2022, 11:00:56 PM »
Hello,

I have some issue in the concave corners as you can see in the printscreen. Maybe one way to solve it is to set the X dimension depending on the corner. But I didn't find how to do it. There is no matID for corners.
I can attach the file if needed.

Thanks & Best regards
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 11:03:17 PM by full-blood »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Corner issue
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 11:12:24 AM »
Hi,

As it's really hard to say, what's happening in your scene just from the provided screenshot, if possible, please feel free to send us your scene (ideally simplified and containing just this problematic object(s)) to check it here. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

full-blood

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 01:10:50 PM »
Sorry, I send you the file it will be easier.
The 1st issue is the corner as you can see in the picture. There is some strange link between the geometries.
The 2nd issue is the dimensions. There is not always the same corner dimension.

Thanks for your help

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 11:47:17 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the file. It helps to understand how RailClone aligns and bevels objects on a corner. basically, when Bevel Corner is enabled, the full width of the corner segment is used on the outside of a corner. This means that if the corner is a lot shorter on the X-axis than on the Y-axis, you will lose some of the geometry due to the bevel. You can see that is happening in the image below:

To counter this you should make the segments wider. If you also need to use different widths on the Internal and External corners, then I would recommend using a Conditional node with the following parameters

In that way, you can avoid the need to assign material IDs.

I hope that helps,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

full-blood

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 03:33:41 PM »
Thank you very much you help me so much !

full-blood

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2022, 04:42:54 PM »
I've an other question. I search on the forum for a solution to use VRayDisplacementMod. I understand that it's still not working ?
In my case it's working everywhere excepted on the corner. Probably because the corner is divided in 2 elements. Is there any way to have a corner with one element ? Without an edit poly modifier + weld ?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022, 12:54:10 PM »
I’m afraid, that using any “render-time modifiers” over Segments isn’t supported. Thanks for your comprehension.

Best regards,