Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Wishes in regards to your latest "tips & tricks" setup  (Read 5929 times)

Asplan Viak

Wishes in regards to your latest "tips & tricks" setup
« on: December 03, 2013, 11:57:20 PM »
Was playing around with the tutorial and files, and when fiddling with the materials, It became really apparent that the apply box mapping feature is in dire need of an axis control.
The wood grain is going in the wrong direction on most segments.
Something equivalent to the uvw modifier's xyz axis alignment is needed, and maybe also a manual way to tweak offsets etc.

Additionally, after trying to be clever, and reusing previously available units and parameters to set further parametrize the exposed controls, I got a strange offset on the horizontal shelves.

Here is the modified file from the tutorial:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11737977/Itoo-Examples/Wooden.Shelf.Tutorial.Modified.zip

PS: How do I post the link as a string of text and no visible url?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Wishes in regards to your latest "tips & tricks" setup
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 04:29:50 PM »
1) You must apply the transformed segment both to the "Bottom side" and "Y Evenly" slots. In your scene, only one of them has offset.

2) The segment uses "Deform->Apply Box Mapping", so the mapping coordinates of the reference object are ignored.

3) I agree that segment mapping needs some additional controls. But using a separate material for the Back 1 segment, with Mapping->Coordinates->Angle W = 90º should work fine.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Wishes in regards to your latest "tips & tricks" setup
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 05:53:41 AM »
I forgot it: to create a no visible url, select the text and click "Insert Hyperlynk" or write the "url" tags manually. In this way:

Code: [Select]
this is the [url=www.mypage.com]page[/url]
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software