Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Roof tiles in xref, spline not working upgraded to Railclone 4.2  (Read 520 times)

DP1633

Hi,

I have read some other forum posts that the roof tile issue would be working in the latest Railclone 4 but I am still having issues.

I have built the model in one file, xref'ed into another, bound the xref to a dummy object and then I move the houses around, any that are mirrored have issues in that the spline the railclone object is attached to gets reversed.

As you can see below the house on the left there is no issue but the house on the right the spline becomes reversed?

Before I have always just created more houses and just mirrored them before xref'ing them in, but it would be great if it could work?

Thanks

Rokas

Re: Roof tiles in xref, spline not working upgraded to Railclone 4.2
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 08:21:19 AM »
Try setting RailClone as Free Object.

Let us know if that helped.
Rokas

DP1633

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 04:01:47 PM »
Yep, thank you very much that seems to have done the trick.

One little thing, the Railclone object is already built and when I check the 'free object' button the existing railclone just moves to a random position and rotation so it needs to be manually moved back.  Obviously its no biggy but it would be handy if it could stay where the railclone object was created and aligned with the original spline.

Thanks

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 08:37:54 AM »
Hi. Position is not random. It is all about the pivots.

You can align free railclone to Your spline with 3ds max align tool:

Rokas