Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Railclone object created misplaced  (Read 4536 times)

IT1371

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 142
Railclone object created misplaced
« on: February 15, 2013, 01:20:32 PM »
Every railclone object I create is misplaced. The problem appears when using it with the plugin Cline 2.08 that can be found on ScriptSpot.
Link here: http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/cline-2-08

Placing railclone on line tool work normal.

Cline is a great tool which allows you to pan/zoom/orbit while creating a spline. This cannot be done using the regular line tool.

Note:
I tried the old railclone 1.03 and it worked perfect.

Please help?

iToo

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3359
    • iToo Software
Re: Railclone object created misplaced
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 04:29:58 PM »

What Max version do you use ? I tried running the script in Max 9 and 2013, but it seem to have not any effect...


Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

IT1371

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 142
Re: Railclone object created misplaced
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 07:08:13 AM »
I tried 3ds max 2011.
Do you have issues running the script?

ATM i'm rolling back again version of railclone to spot where the problem begin.  :P

Edit:
Spotted that version 1.3.0 still works well with Cline 2.08
I guess everything start with 1.4.2
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 07:17:13 AM by IT1371 »

iToo

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3359
    • iToo Software
Re: Railclone object created misplaced
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 09:32:17 AM »

Ok, i see the problem now. It seems CLine adds some type of offseting, which is not interpreted correctly by RailClone.

Please, try this:

1) Once created, apply to the spline: Utilities->Reset XForm and collapse it to Editable Spline.
2) If the RC object is already using the spline, click General->Spline->Realign.

Checking the code, i cannot find any difference between RC 1.4.2 and 1.3.0, in the way them handle the path. Perhaps the problems is random, dependly of how CLine creates the spline. Anyway, the above procedure should solve the problem.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

IT1371

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 142
Re: Railclone object created misplaced
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 03:31:27 PM »

Ok, i see the problem now. It seems CLine adds some type of offseting, which is not interpreted correctly by RailClone.

Please, try this:

1) Once created, apply to the spline: Utilities->Reset XForm and collapse it to Editable Spline.
2) If the RC object is already using the spline, click General->Spline->Realign.

Checking the code, i cannot find any difference between RC 1.4.2 and 1.3.0, in the way them handle the path. Perhaps the problems is random, dependly of how CLine creates the spline. Anyway, the above procedure should solve the problem.


I'm sorry for my delayed response.
I tried your suggestions and it worked like a charm!

Thank you very much! Your really helped me out!  ;)

Anyway. It appears to be that in 3Ds Max 2013 there is no more need for the CLine script, so the problem is solved bothways.
Thank you again!  :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:38:25 PM by Panibor »