Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: 5.0.1 First look (Y offset issue, some banking issues)  (Read 135 times)

Dragan

5.0.1 First look (Y offset issue, some banking issues)
« on: October 15, 2021, 01:17:26 PM »
THANK YOU for the updates for marker data on A2S and fix for General parameters, clipping preservation working fine  ;)
Banking is a very nice new feature.

- L1S - Marker Data General Y Offset not working.
BTW, can we have the list of General Parameters that can be evaluated at the start by Marker Data (both for L1S & A2S) so we can be sure which one can be used?

- If sharing Segments all Generators are evaluated even though only Linear Spline Banking is changing. It is not a big deal, and  I understand why it is happening, but on a large scale, this could be a problem. I guess since it is Spline based issue it can be double-checked if there is a need to evaluate Generators that are not connected to the Spline with active banking change.
- Although I`m not sure how everything should work yet, at some point changing the angle for the middle Bank marker, segments after the third marker (and A2S) are affected (smothnes% is set to 0).

« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 09:22:47 AM by Dragan »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: 5.0.1 First look (Y offset issue, some banking issues)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 10:32:06 AM »
THANK YOU for the updates for marker data on A2S and fix for General parameters, clipping preservation working fine  ;)
Banking is a very nice new feature.

I'm glad you enjoy it !

- L1S - Marker Data General Y Offset not working.
BTW, can we have the list of General Parameters that can be evaluated at the start by Marker Data (both for L1S & A2S) so we can be sure which one can be used?

As general rule, all parameters which don't modify the spline should work, at least for the first marker.  In this case Y Offset generates a new spline, and when the parameter is evaluated, markers are not processed yet.
Unfortunately i cannot give you a comprehensive list, because for each parameter i should check the evaluation order in the source code. Usually it's easier the trial and error method, even for me.

For this reason in the initial releases, there was a warning about that Generator parameters are evaluated only at start.
Along next updates, we added some workarounds in the code to improve this limitation. But it's a tricky issue yet.

- If sharing Segments all Generators are evaluated even though only Linear Spline Banking is changing. It is not a big deal, and  I understand why it is happening, but on a large scale, this could be a problem. I guess since it is Spline based issue it can be double-checked if there is a need to evaluate Generators that are not connected to the Spline with active banking change.

Sorry, i'm not sure to understand the question.

If you mean that Linear generator is affecting the distribution of the Array, that is caused by the Randomize operator: the random sequence is not initialized with each generator, and it depends of the generators evaluated previously.
I know this is not ideal. Perhaps we would change it...

- Although I`m not sure how everything should work yet, at some point changing the angle for the middle Bank marker, segments after the third marker (and A2S) are affected (smothnes% is set to 0).

It's caused by the Bevel calculations. Banking/X Rotation changes slightly some values, adding more segments and modifying the sequence.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Dragan

Re: 5.0.1 First look (Y offset issue, some banking issues)
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 11:36:50 AM »
...that is caused by the Randomize operator: the random sequence is not initialized with each generator, and it depends on the generators evaluated previously.
I know this is not ideal. Perhaps we would change it...

If this is Randomize "issue" no need to change anything although when we are using some Transform+Numeric Random+SEED, we set the SEED and everything looks right, it could be annoying when randomization is changed if some other Generator`s parameter is changed.

Thank You.