Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Hiding/Locking Nodes  (Read 2168 times)

Dragan

Hiding/Locking Nodes
« on: March 15, 2023, 05:02:53 PM »
After finishing Style we usually have a lot of Macros, Inputs, Nodes, etc.
How about a hiding/locking option for selected nodes?
I think having a nice and clean Style with just Macros and Input nodes will be a huge advantage for the end users.
Regards

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Hiding/Locking Nodes
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 11:38:47 AM »
Interesting idea. Being able to hide parts of the graph temporarily might make style building in complex styles a bit simpler too. Added to the wish list for further discussion.

Thanks again!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 08:49:33 AM »
Pushing up this one! I see a lot of potential for this feature.

1. Now, when we can "protect/lock" the Style with a password, hiding Nodes on every "level" will give us an opportunity to create custom presets that could be very "clean" and easy to use for the End-User.

2. It would be great to be able to hide every node type including the Segment Node on the Top Level. That way even if we can`t embed some staff in the macros we can use Top Leve Embedded Segment and hide it.

3. To reveal hidden Nodes it would be great if we could have several options (possibly as new Icons on the menu toolbar):
   a. Show/Hide All - All Nodes are temporarily visible but keep the hidden state (that could enable to change Node Hidden State)
   b. Unhidde All - All Nodes are revealed and lose hidden state (should have  "Are You Sure"?" question)
   c. Possible Mouse/Key Stroke combination for temporarily Show All to pick a Nodea and change the Hidden State

4. If nodes are Hidden they should be excluded from the Parameter lists, both for the Macros and General lists.

Please let me know what you think about it so would know if I can keep any hope about this one.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Best Regards
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 09:00:28 AM by Dragan »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 12:45:38 PM »
As always, thanks for all the feedback Dragan. We're pretty much feature locked for this release now, but they're added to the wishlist for future updates!

Cheers
Paul.
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 12:56:41 PM »
Thank you, Paul.

P.S.
My next vacation schedule is around September, so....  ;)

You should force Carlos to work as a scene creator for about a month or two to place him in our shoes. Maybe he will have more compassion  ;D
It's so depressing when you have to wait for someone much smarter to do things for you.  ::)
Tell him it is JUST hidden and unhidden nodes. How difficult could be to program it?!  8) ;D 

All The Best to the R&D Team!

Dragan

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2023, 06:08:32 AM »
And as a cherry on top, I forgot, I need those hidden states to be exported as parameters!  8)
Paul, Imagine you have two or more different workflows for a preset and you can show/hide parameters just by choosing a specific workflow with Numeric->Selector. BEAUTY!!!  ::)
I know this would be difficult for the General Parameter List because of the 3DsMax,  but for the Macros, I guess it is all about Carlos  :D