Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Markers + Limit ID workflow  (Read 1512 times)

Dragan

Markers + Limit ID workflow
« on: March 26, 2023, 01:55:17 PM »
Last time I managed to get my SINGLE MARKER for Extended A2S and as you can see it turn out very useful.  8)

Now, it is difficult to explain how I would like the marker to behave but my initial thought was to add MatID in Referencing for markers.
Example:
- Again, only a SINGLE marker on the Spline without any Segment connected to the Marker Input. 
- Base Spline divided into subsplines with different IDs

I would like to have the same workflow as with a single marker for Extended A2S, if there is no Segment connected to the Marker Input, that SINGLE marker should act as an active or as a normal Parameter.

And, basically, it works until Limit ID is in play, and after that everything breaks.
Since the generator resets on each Subspline ID I would like either:
- marker referenced to Vertex to have an influence on a particular Segment at that point
- or just ignore Limit ID

Hope that makes any sense.
thx

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Markers + Limit ID workflow
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 12:27:50 PM »
Hi,

Apologies for the late reply. I was working on other RC features, and wanted to check this with time.

If i understand well, this is the same issue that https://forum.itoosoft.com/railclone-pro-beta/limit-padding-canceling-the-marker-s-data/
You want to add a marker by sub-spline, which is not affected by Limit by ID/Trimming.

This doesn't work with normal markers, because they are deleted if the position of the spline where they are placed is trimmed/filtered.
Setting the reference to 'Vertex' doesn't fix the problem either, because what is considered is their position in the original spline, not in the trimmed one.

So i added for next update a new Reference mode to RCSpline: 'Free'.
Free markers has not any specific position in the spline, and they are not affected by Limit/Trimmed.
This is designed to have a single free marker by sub-spline. Extra ones are ignored.

I hope that helps.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Dragan

Re: Markers + Limit ID workflow
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 12:51:20 PM »
Yes! Great!
Although, I`m not sure if those are connected to limit paddings.
Free Reference will help a lot and enables a workflow to have individual parameters per marker for Nested and Master Generators on subspline level.
Thank You, Carlos.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 12:53:31 PM by Dragan »