Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Number of User Data fields for RC Spline Markets  (Read 950 times)

Dragan

Number of User Data fields for RC Spline Markets
« on: September 10, 2021, 11:06:35 AM »
Can we expect more than 9 inputs?
And for the Market User Data to be active on root Generator's parameters. I know the problem of evaluating some features only at the start but since this is RC5 it will be nice to see some major upgrades.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 01:51:17 PM by Dragan »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Nunber of User Data fields for RC Spline Markets
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 01:31:26 PM »
Can we expect more then 9 inputs?

We would increase it, but must a fixed number.

Unfortunately there is no way to define a variable number of Data fields: these values are stored in Max parameters (so they can be animated), and Max doesn't allow nested arrays for them.
We use a separate parameter for each User Data (which is an array, with one value by Marker).

And for the Market User Data to be active on root Generator's parameters. I know the problem of evaluazing some features only at the start but since this is RC5 it will be nice to see some major upgrade.  ;)

What Generator parameter do you want to modify ?
Some of them are evaluated only at start, others at multiple stages.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 05:43:27 PM »
RC Markers are really useful since they can be accessed via script so users can make a large number of changes, but if we can`t influence the root parameters of generators we are limited just on transforms or we have to do some heavy nesting to overcome this limitation.

The fixed field number is ok. If the user can set this number in the Base Object Customization menu, even better.

For the active parameters, I would like to see them all working but for the priority, it would be parameters from the General tab: X/Y Sizes, Offsets;
for L1S: Reverse/Mirror/Flip;
for A2S: Z Rotation, Expand;

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 12:18:49 PM »
In order to handle all generator parameters we should to make deep changes in the code. I'm afraid it's not possible for this release, but i added it to our to-do list.

Meanwhile, i will try to add some workaround for the parameters you suggested.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 12:25:15 PM »
I understand. Thank you for the efort.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 12:35:14 PM »
Just an update: there is no way to modify Reverse/Mirror/Flip by Markers.
These modifiers are applied before Markers can be evaluated, which is done in a further step when spline is converted to a polyline.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 01:39:56 PM »
Got it.
I attached a sample file of how I workaround and to see the workflow I`m targeting.
In this example, I just use Data[0] to check if non-zero and reverse the generator. Since it has been nested it will work on subspline level. It will work just fine but I`m afraid on a large scale it will take some time so I was hoping if this could be done in the program core or RC.

I know it looks nice and simple in Style Editor and that is a completely different story for the programing code but it will not hurt if I ask.  ::) Maybe in the future, something will look complicate in Style Editor but it will be simple for coding.