RailClone > RailClone Pro Beta

RC5_Arithmetic interchange yes/no?

(1/2) > >>

Dragan:
I was kinda hoping for this but I guess it will not be possible in RC5?

iToo:
That's not possible, sorry.

Expressions based on other generators are available only with nested generators, because they take part in the same evaluation workflow.
Instead, separated generators are evaluated one by one, as if they were in different RC objects.

Nodes are evaluated following a child-parent hierarchy, and the result of an expression (or any operator) changes depending of the segment which is being processed.
So it has no sense to evaluate it, when is not part of the same hierarchy.

Dragan:
To bad.
 I agree with all but "So it has no sense to evaluate it, when is not part of the same hierarchy" part  :)
You can't imagine what ideas and  workflows I do with RC.  ;D ;D

Dragan:
Ok. Maybe you guys as Paul said, looking at me as a skilled user (and I`m grateful for that), and you think I`m the only one or one of the few users that will need that kind of workflow. But if you make this possible it will be a huge upgrade! Trust me!  ;D ;D  ;D
Using data from another Generators's Spline/Segments will give 3rd dimension/Depth to existing A2S/L1S.

8) Ultimately, It looks like a bug :D You can select the parameter in the list but it`s not working!!  8) ;)

iToo:

--- Quote --- 8) Ultimately, It looks like a bug :D You can select the parameter in the list but it`s not working!!  8) ;)
--- End quote ---

Yes. Really the list should include only nested generators, but actually it includes all generators dependent of the Arithmetic node (it was simpler).
Parameters can be selected in expression, but always return zero.

Anyway, even building the list correctly, it would be misleading cases. For example, if AAA Generator has a nested gen (i.e. CCC), the list should include AAA/CCC.
But that doesn't mean these parameters return a valid value, while BBB generator is being evaluated.

By now we'll keep the list as is. There are more interesting issues to fix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version