Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Unable to Determine Object Names
« Last post by leejk on April 18, 2024, 02:28:03 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for response. I do see a tooltip in the geometry list, but there is still a problem that maybe I did not explain correctly. If the Name field for the geometry gets changed to something else, then the gemometry list name gets changed to match that. However the Custom Object field still uses the original name of the object in the scene, but if it is a long name like I mentioned before, then there is no tooltip shown when you hover over it. And there is no way to see which object in the scene it is referencing. So some UI cleanup/fix there could be done. A tooltip though would solve the issue and this was probably the original design intent anyway by developers.

Regarding the copy/paste issue, the Interface area in the docs should be updated to explain that further. I looked again this morning and it is explained a little better in the Procedures area.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Sine Wave Pendant
« Last post by VelvetElvis on April 18, 2024, 01:38:38 PM »
Thanks for the helpful tips! I was also able to get the desired look but using an FFD modifier.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Sine Wave Pendant
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on April 18, 2024, 11:09:31 AM »
Hi,

Unfortunately, the RailClone plug-in cannot "unevenly scale" the used segment. However, you can use shorter segments and apply, for example, the Vertex Weld modifier to join them. Another possibility would be to directly adjust the base spline to achieve the desired shape (for example, with the help of the Wave modifier) and use that one for the other part with the RailClone plug-in and the inner part with the usual spline modeling techniques. Please find attached both approaches applied to your provided scene. I hope that helps.

Best regards,
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: distance between wood strips
« Last post by Ricousto on April 18, 2024, 09:36:45 AM »
Thank you !
IMHO These macros should be in the default library

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Unable to Determine Object Names
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on April 18, 2024, 09:29:47 AM »
Hi,

Some time ago, we removed the tooltips to minimize the UI load and included options to hide rollups. However, you should be able to see the full name when hovering over the item in the Geometry list. As for the Copy & Paste icons, they are not intended for use between Forest objects, but rather within the same Forest object. They mainly serve to "duplicate" the item and readjust the settings, and they appear to work well in this context. Thank you for your feedback - it is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: distance between wood strips
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on April 18, 2024, 09:13:01 AM »
Of course, please find attached the used macros (SegmentToHerringbone.rcm & AdvHerringbone.rcm) and the sample scene (HerringboneSampleScene_iToo.max) saved in the 3ds Max 2021 format. I hope that helps.

Best regards,
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Keyboard shortcut for Point-Clouds
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on April 18, 2024, 08:54:56 AM »
Hi,

I’m afraid that at the moment our plugin doesn’t support customizing shortcuts. For these purposes, there's the RailClone Lister, which displays several handy details of each RailClone object in the scene and allows you to change the display and proxy modes easily. Anyway, we'll see what can be done in future versions.

Best regards,
RailClone Pro (*) / Keyboard shortcut for Point-Clouds
« Last post by BK8837 on April 18, 2024, 01:08:43 AM »
Hi Itoo team,

Is there a way I can make a keyboard shortcut to toggle between Point-Clouds and Mesh Display/Build?

Thank you.
RailClone Pro (*) / Sine Wave Pendant
« Last post by VelvetElvis on April 17, 2024, 10:50:12 PM »
I'm trying to create this light and I have got it 99% the way there with the sine wave macro input into the Z Fixed scale. https://yellowgoatdesign.com/products/cambium

However, what is stumping me is getting the top of the inside ring to flow smoothly. Any tips? I've attached the Max 2023 file for reference.
Forest Pro (*) / Unable to Determine Object Names
« Last post by leejk on April 17, 2024, 09:03:03 PM »
Hello,

So this is a 2 part question I suppose. Because the UI does NOT show tooltips, which it should because they would be VERY helpful, when you have geometry in the list with long names, like is generated from the library presets, you cannot tell which ones they are. In this example somehow the Name field got populated, which does allow you to at least scroll your cursor around to see the whole filename, but after it is named you can't determine what object it represents in the scene. So IMO this field causes more harm than it would ever do good. Is there anyway to determine what object the geometry entry in the list represents in the scene?

Secondly, what are the copy and paste buttons supposed to do? At first I thought they would allow me to copy objects in the geometry list and paste them into another FP object, but that does not work. Nor do they copy/paste objects in the same FP object.

thx
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10