Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Wooden fence randomize
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on April 24, 2024, 12:09:32 PM »
Hi,

You can "shift" these Segments by using the Transform > X Fixed Translation. Also, I've slightly adjusted the Left & Right Padding values and the Fixed Size to achieve equal spacing. Please find attached the modified scene (240424_RCTest_iToo.max). I hope that helps.

Best regards,
RailClone Pro (*) / Wooden fence randomize
« Last post by NHimages on April 24, 2024, 11:49:20 AM »
Hello,

I'm trying to create a wooden fence with a randomize to avoid repetition between all the spikes.
My problem is that the cable that holds all theses spikes don't follow this randomize, so, is there a way to make the cable fit with the wooden spike like a node that connects both spike and cable ?
In attachments you can find all the infos about what I'm trying to make, and the 3D file with the RC.
Thx for your answer,

NHimages
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Generic Structural Model
« Last post by Paul Roberts on April 24, 2024, 11:08:44 AM »
HI,

No problem, please find attached a version with the X/Y evenly feature restored.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best,
Paul
Forest Pro (*) / Re: How can I "clean" my model of unused plants?
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on April 24, 2024, 08:48:24 AM »
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing these troubles. In theory, all imported Forest Pack assets should be stored under the "forest_templates" layer, and this layer should be cleaned automatically by the Forest Pack plugin when saving a scene or assigning other assets from the library. Assets stored outside of this layer cannot be deleted automatically. Can you please double-check in which layer these unused objects are located? If you can reproduce these troubles in a minimal scene that you can send to us, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any additional comments you may have regarding this issue that you can share with us and our user community (in case some users will encounter similar difficulties).

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Re: ETA Forest Pro 9 Beta and 3ds Max 2025
« Last post by iToo on April 24, 2024, 08:39:56 AM »
is there a roadmap for FP9 or some notes on what to expect?

We usually don't share release notes until everything is ready. It would be changes in the last minute.

But i can confirm it will include a new Ivy plugin, which was shown in our latest QA.
« Last post by KD4391 on April 24, 2024, 01:22:48 AM »
is there a roadmap for FP9 or some notes on what to expect?
« Last post by BK8837 on April 23, 2024, 08:07:53 PM »
Wow RailClone is powerful and you are brilliant mind. I can sure use this as well.

I liked how you did the original carcass model, is there a way to keep all that you've done on this version but keep the spacing a "type in" value (column spacing parameter). I know this is a roll of the dice and it isn't perfect, but its useful to study the relationship of a structural grid system grid against a footprint. I like how the original carcass model doesn't slice the columns on the edges, that's neat!

Thank you,
Alex
Forest Pro (*) / How can I "clean" my model of unused plants?
« Last post by MATRADI on April 23, 2024, 04:47:21 PM »
When I insert a new plant from Forest in my scene, I noticed that some new objects appear as hidden and frozen objects, with names such as:

_forest_library_SV2JUAQ_fp_flowering_meadow-3__forest_library_GBASQZY_hypoestes_aristata_single_f-2

I understand that those objects are necessary, as the "origin" of the instanced plants. But what I don't like about Forest is that, in case I decide to delete the plants created, these hidden objects remain, increasing the size of my scene unnecessarily, and complicating things in case I decide -for example- to submit my model to a render farm.

The question is: how can I "clean" my scene, I mean delete all those objects that are no longer used? It's obvious that I can show them and unfreeze them, but in this case, I could delete other objects that are necessary for the plants that I already have.

Thanks.
« Last post by Paul Roberts on April 23, 2024, 03:17:33 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the question. I've attached a sample file for you to check out. In addition to the changes mentioned, I've changed the approach a little so that you can more easily control the X/Y spacing of the beams and columns since it it quite hard to get them in a realistic position when the building footprint is not rectilinear.

In this setup we are combining clipping splines with the X and Y spline. To position the beams and columns you simple use the RC Spline modifier to add markers to the X and Y splines.

The only limitation of this approach is that the RailClone object has to be at the world origin. This doesn't affect the actual position of the building, but the RC pivot needs to be at 0,0,0 in order for the various layers to jigsaw together correctly.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions about the style,

Best,
Paul
« Last post by RealViz on April 23, 2024, 10:03:22 AM »
Thanks for info. I am very much looking forward to the new FP. Probably most of all new Ivy. But I'll be surprised :-)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10