Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Forest Pro (*) / Re: ForestSet + Clusters ?
« Last post by RealViz on March 27, 2024, 10:46:21 AM »
If this could not be solved technically, it would be useful to at least have some script that adds objects from ForestSet to the Geometry sheet. Something like Explode.
First, let me apologize for the late reply. Of course, the RailClone plug-in can handle the vegetation easily and it can also deform it if needed. If you prefer using the Forest Pack plug-in, as you've pointed out, the Effects feature can be used to assign the corresponding item (.geomID) based on the position on the path (.distPathPos). Please find attached a sample scene (distPathPosSampleScene.max) demonstrating this possible approach. Alternatively, you can switch to the Custom Edit mode and select the first and last item manually. I hope that helps.

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Re: ForestSet + Clusters ?
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on March 27, 2024, 09:26:57 AM »
Hi,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm afraid that's not supported at the moment, and it's hard to say if that could be implemented somehow, but we'll check what can be done in future versions. When it's used in the Geometry list, a random item is assigned.

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / ForestSet + Clusters ?
« Last post by ZO6039 on March 27, 2024, 07:23:53 AM »
Is it possible to use clusters for distribution if I use ForestSet? If I use only one ForestSet in geometry list than clusters distribution doesn't work for ForestSet members. Let say I added different types of grass to ForestSet and use it as geometry for ForestPack. It means I cannot use clusters. This makes ForestSet pretty much useless. Can we get clusters working with ForestSet members as well?
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Scripts for RailClone
« Last post by Mannii RC on March 25, 2024, 10:49:41 AM »
I have an issue with Railclone Tools and maxscript.

Let say I run

Code: [Select]
Railclone_Pro.global.Instantiate 2 "aaa" false false false true
It does what it suppose to by instantiating railclone, but somehow 3Ds Max movement goes weird.
Even if I try to reset to empty file after that, I create a box, I try to move that box, it'll go really far.

All I can do is to close that Max and reopen to gain the normal movement again. It's like the Instantiate process somehow trigger something with the axis.
This however, does not happen with the Instantiate button in Railclone Tools. Only happens when I try to run the Instantiate via maxscript.

Another question.
In the doc, (https://docs.itoosoft.com/railclone/railclone-tools)

Railclone_Pro.global.Instantiate (1)mode (2)layerName (3)autoDelete (4)separatedMeshes (5)forceInstances 
and then

Example: Railclone_Pro.global.Instantiate (1)0 (2)"railclone_instances" (3)true (4)true (5)false (6)true
How come there's an extra argument needed? What does it do exactly?
General - Off Topic / Re: Change email
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on March 25, 2024, 10:12:03 AM »
Replied by email.
« Last post by CharlyRT on March 23, 2024, 11:57:08 PM »
Thanks tocayo, Ive already sent this to the support, hope this cant be too complicated
« Last post by iToo on March 23, 2024, 08:34:54 AM »
Hi,

Please, tell us what is your other account, and we'll try to unify both.
For security reasons, i suggest you send us the information from the support form.

Thanks,
Even if the object I'm working is vegetation?
What I'm trying to accomplish here is scattering hedges along splines, but there is a specific object that needs to be used at the beguiling otherwise will look wrong
I tried to find something on the effects but unfortunately It's too advanced for my knowledge.
General - Off Topic / Change email
« Last post by CharlyRT on March 22, 2024, 04:18:04 PM »
Hi, I dont know why happened in the beggining but I purchase the software with a different email but when register in the forum, I couldnt use that mail, i needed to use a different one, right now im having some trouble to get notifications, sometimes I forgot to use gmail insted outlook, is there a way to change it without loosing anything? everytime that I want  to change it to the other one, I cant, its being use.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10