Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
thanks mate! ive just sent the files over
Please feel free to upload or send to us your scene, and we'll see what can be done to better fit your style with your scenario. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
hey mate, sorry im a little confused on this one, would it be possible if you could show me an example?
Hi,

It shouldn't be necessary to use translation. Instead, using a combination of Sequence Operators in the Increment at X and Increment at Y modes to alternate these in the Start/Bottom Input (depending on your style setup) should do the trick. I hope that helps.

Best regards,
Hi,

I'm trying to build the ceiling below, it has a sequence of of 2 lines of lights, with every other line down the ceiling, being offset. Ive currently achieved something similar, but offsetting the second sequence by using translation, but it is not giving the nice edges around the spline, as they are always being offset by the amount of specified.

I wouldn't mind some advice on how you would go about building this?

Thanks!
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Wooden fence randomize
« Last post by NHimages on Today at 09:13:02 AM »
Hi,
Thx for your answer.
Your solution is "ok" tier if the fence is far but not perfect, cause at some point the cable slice the spike and make it look unnatural and wrong.
Unfortunately my wooden fence is right in front of me so we see a lot of detail of it.
So we choose the solution of making 10 samples randomize of 1M each manually ( so 10m randomize ), for the moment and for our project is enough, and in the future we'll see if we can find a better solution for it !
Thx again for your time !

NHimages
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Wooden fence randomize
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on April 24, 2024, 12:09:32 PM »
Hi,

You can "shift" these Segments by using the Transform > X Fixed Translation. Also, I've slightly adjusted the Left & Right Padding values and the Fixed Size to achieve equal spacing. Please find attached the modified scene (240424_RCTest_iToo.max). I hope that helps.

Best regards,
RailClone Pro (*) / Wooden fence randomize
« Last post by NHimages on April 24, 2024, 11:49:20 AM »
Hello,

I'm trying to create a wooden fence with a randomize to avoid repetition between all the spikes.
My problem is that the cable that holds all theses spikes don't follow this randomize, so, is there a way to make the cable fit with the wooden spike like a node that connects both spike and cable ?
In attachments you can find all the infos about what I'm trying to make, and the 3D file with the RC.
Thx for your answer,

NHimages
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Generic Structural Model
« Last post by Paul Roberts on April 24, 2024, 11:08:44 AM »
HI,

No problem, please find attached a version with the X/Y evenly feature restored.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best,
Paul
Forest Pro (*) / Re: How can I "clean" my model of unused plants?
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on April 24, 2024, 08:48:24 AM »
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing these troubles. In theory, all imported Forest Pack assets should be stored under the "forest_templates" layer, and this layer should be cleaned automatically by the Forest Pack plugin when saving a scene or assigning other assets from the library. Assets stored outside of this layer cannot be deleted automatically. Can you please double-check in which layer these unused objects are located? If you can reproduce these troubles in a minimal scene that you can send to us, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any additional comments you may have regarding this issue that you can share with us and our user community (in case some users will encounter similar difficulties).

Best regards,
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10