Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Transform accuracy
« Last post by RealViz on Today at 11:33:40 AM »
Thanks!
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on Today at 10:42:01 AM »
My apologies, I didn't realize that this is the Forest Pack Pro board. I was mistakenly thinking about the RailClone plug-in.

As you've noted, Transform spinners handle integer numbers, which are generally precise enough for random values within that range. However, for cases requiring a very small range, there's a simple workaround using Effect for such scenarios. I've attached a simple example of the "realNumberRandomRotation" effect for randomizing the Z Rotation (similarly applicable to other axes if necessary) using real numbers.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,
Hi Lars,

Due to the current design, only one output node can be used per macro, and there is no way to bypass this limitation at present. We will look into this further for future versions, as it requires more in-depth investigation by our main developers. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: RailClone USD export
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on Today at 08:07:14 AM »
Hi Richard,

We have plans to support USD, but due to our current workload with other pending tasks, I cannot provide a specific time frame for its implementation. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
RailClone Pro (*) / RailClone USD export
« Last post by RichardBlank on May 21, 2024, 08:06:59 PM »
Is it possible to export railClone objects to usd? Or is it any other way to convert the generated geo as instances?
Hi there,

I have bumped into the need of having macros to spit out multiple outputs mesh as well as numeric.

Sometimes you have a model generated in the macro, which you of course want put out  - and at the same time some mumeric or boolean values, also generated inside the macro that you want put out at the same time. Macros can currently, to my knowledge, only output one thing, either an object or a value. That is sometimes too narrow. Even when we talk about numeric outputs only, it could be cool with more output than one, fx. a conditional output, where each condition was an attribute - and even better when combined with an object output.

I am currently sitting with a setup that probably  can be solved with a snake farm of connections, - but could be SO much more elegant with one or more attribute outputs.

Is that a possibility in near future?   (please please, pretty please)
Tutorials / Re: Creating randomised books
« Last post by CharlyRT on May 21, 2024, 04:39:13 PM »
Hi Michal:

Thanks for the tip and the file, this will be useful
-About the "transform affects size", in this example I need to deactivate for each segment, this option is not avaiable in the transform operator, could we have it in future release?
-About random seed for Nests segments..... doesnt seem to work anymore, Do I need to activate something else?
« Last post by RealViz on May 21, 2024, 03:56:07 PM »
« Last post by RealViz on May 21, 2024, 03:43:37 PM »
Yes I also thought it was by assigning a different operator. Unfortunately neither works for some reason. Not a problem with you in "." and "," we use Czech environment. Anyway, I also tried "." and ",".
Everything works OK in the whole 3ds max environment. Just not for transform FP :-(
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on May 21, 2024, 02:04:26 PM »
Hi,

You should be able to use significantly lower values, corresponding to the units defined in the Customize > Units Setup window. If you're using the Numeric Operator, please ensure it is set to the Float or Scene Units type (not Integer). That should help.

Best regards,
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10