Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Crash with Vray IPR while editing with override mtl
« Last post by CharlyRT on March 22, 2024, 03:52:49 PM »
Thanks Michal
No problem at atll, I had a problem with Forest color a couple of weeks ago and also was an issue with vray, fortunately thats already solved
I have already sent a sample file to them too
Hi Nuno,

That's a task for the RailClone plug-in, which is much more suitable for something like that. You can easily wire these models into the Start, Default / Evenly, and End Inputs of the Linear 1S Generator.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,
I’m working with a Forest Pack object where items are distributed along a path.
Is there a way to ensure that a specific object appears always at the start of each spline, another at the end of the spline and maintaining random in the middle.
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on March 22, 2024, 09:02:19 AM »
Thanks a lot for providing these new files (I can confirm that they are now generated by the 26.2.1.22056). As mentioned previously, one of them crashes directly in the vray2sidemtl.dlm. We have been able to investigate a bit further with the other one, but it fails within the vrender2024.dlr. Therefore, I'm afraid we can't do much more in this case. Please send the files directly to the developers of the V-Ray engine - Chaos Group. We recently reported a similar case to them, so it might be related. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
« Last post by CharlyRT on March 21, 2024, 08:08:40 PM »
Thats weird.....
I have exactly that version
Let me do another test to check if maibe I copy a wrong dump
Ok here are again the minidumps hopely this could help to analize
Let me know if If you need something more
I couldnt reproduce the error with a simple box with translucent material but the error was caused using one of the trees from the forestpack gallery: fp_American Elm01
with that I could reproduce the error, hope this helps
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on March 21, 2024, 03:22:52 PM »
Thanks for your swift reply. Your 3ds Max 2024 version is 26.2.0.22013, but ours shows 26.2.1.22056. One of these crashes directly in the vray2sidemtl.dlm. The other one does not, but we cannot see more because of the 3dsmax.exe version mismatch.

Thank you in advance for any further comments on this issue that you can share with us or our user community (in case some users encounter similar troubles).

Best regards,
« Last post by CharlyRT on March 21, 2024, 03:03:52 PM »
Hi
Could you tell what updates are you referring to?
I think I have everything updated
Max 2024.2.1
ForestPack 8.2.6
V-Ray 6.20.03.32511 (Nightly from 2024/03/20)
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Apply box mapping + groups with lights = lights gone
« Last post by nubo on March 21, 2024, 11:08:17 AM »
Thanks Michal,

That's great to hear. :)

Best regards,
Przemek
Hi Przemek,

We have logged the issue in our system, and our main developers will review it. At the moment, it's hard to say whether it's a bug or some limitation.

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Material Optimization
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on March 21, 2024, 09:00:56 AM »
Hi Bobby,

The Optimize Materials tool has several possible uses (such as automatically adding the Forest Color/Forest Edge map to your assets), and whether there will be a rendering speed improvement depends on how the used material looks. For example, the Disable filtering for Opacity Maps option could have a significant impact on models with leaves created using alphas.

Best regards,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10