Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
RailClone Pro (*) / How to create clean tiling on surfaces curving downwards
« Last post by AllenKim on September 19, 2024, 04:05:05 PM »
Hi! RC newbie here, I would like to ask for tips on creating clean a2s generator tiling on curved surfaces going downwards. Thanks!

RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Surface Conforming Paviours
« Last post by iCreateLtd on September 19, 2024, 09:47:42 AM »
Hmmmm, apologies but was wondering if you could help me some more.

Now I know that this works I'm looking into other eventualities where herringbone isn't going to be used.

But also the rotation of the paving to fit in with how they'd be laid in the real world

Rotating it 10 degrees.

25 degrees

And this is with it set to herringbone  :o

Any help with this too would be great - I was surprised this didn't work as intended.

Thanks
« Last post by iCreateLtd on September 19, 2024, 09:23:38 AM »
That works perfectly!

Stupid of me not to think of that.   :-[

It's like when you paint with FP, if you paint beyond the surface, the paint lines get dragged down.

Thanks  ;D

« Last post by Michal Karmazín on September 19, 2024, 08:49:17 AM »
Hi,

For correct results, the RailClone object should be fully contained within the boundaries of the surface. If it overlaps the boundary, unintended deformations may occur. To prevent this, it's recommended to slightly enlarge the surface (using tools like Edit Polygons > Outline & Inset) to ensure smooth operation and avoid any unwanted distortions.

Please find attached the modified scene (240919_SurfaceConformingPaviours02_ITOOSOFT.max).

I hope that helps.

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Edit Assets
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on September 19, 2024, 08:34:56 AM »
Hi Bobby,

All imported objects can be found under the 'forest_templates' layer, with names following the format 'forest_library*******'. By default, these objects are hidden and frozen, but once unhidden, they can be manipulated like any other 3ds max object.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Edit Assets
« Last post by Bobby Parker on September 18, 2024, 09:06:41 PM »
How do I edit the mesh used from a library? I remember doing it, but I don't know how.
RailClone Pro (*) / Surface Conforming Paviours
« Last post by iCreateLtd on September 18, 2024, 07:39:18 PM »
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I'm trying to create a system where I can have paving that conform to a site with levels.

This will also help me add randomisations into the material.

I'm currently testing with herringbone paving but it may be changed to a straight setup.

I'm running into issues with this.

Firstly, I was having an issue with the spacing between the paving - I set it to 5mm each side (assuming that'd create an overall 1cm gap with surrounding ones).

It worked but one for a couple of sides.

So I gave up with that and instead made this.

The red is the paving - the yellow is the cement between (a 5mm gap each side)

Which created this

So this will need to be in mesh mode - which it may have had to have been if the padding had worked because I might have wanted to chamfer the top.

However, slight snag, I'm getting issues and it's the slice checkbox in the object that's causing it.  I also don't get the issue if I don't have it assigned to a surface... which I need to do.

This is a test surface with an incline

I've added a small subdivide on the box so it help it conform to the surface bend (currently off)

Here's what happens when I apply it to the actual surfaces.

I'm attaching a scene.  It'd be great if someone could get this working for me because I can't figure it out.  >:(

I know the RC will be heavy on larger surfaces but once created I intend to collapse it.

Many thanks
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Railclone macro can`t save Parameters order.
« Last post by Joker1979 on September 18, 2024, 12:48:22 PM »
Thanks, everything works, I've already checked and found the path to the folder "C:\Users\admin\Documents\Itoo Software\Railclone Pro\Macros\Building" and overwrote it there and it worked.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Railclone objects Xref crashing scene
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on September 18, 2024, 11:57:27 AM »
The recommended way would be to have it in the master scene - you can use the External Proxy Cache feature and store it in a separate file if preferred.

Best regards,
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Railclone macro can`t save Parameters order.
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on September 18, 2024, 11:04:47 AM »
Hi,

That’s quite unusual. The issue seems to be with the inputOrder parameter: in your file, the value 5 is duplicated across several parameters. However, once reordered and saved, it appears correct. Could you please try restarting 3ds Max and see if the issue persists? I’ve attached the resaved .rcm file for you to check whether it loads correctly on your end.

Thank you in advance for any additional details you can provide about this issue.

Best regards,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10