Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General - Off Topic / Object always facing the camera or viewport
« Last post by BLG on July 24, 2024, 09:44:50 AM »
Hey guys, I know you've solved this a long time ago on ForestPack and I was wondering if I could get some help making it work.
Currently I have four objects that move around a scene and I need them facing the current camera or viewport at all times on the z axis. I have tried several scripts on scriptspot but none of them actually do what I need.
I know I could create a rotation script and put it as a controller but none of the stuff I've tried has worked properly. Even a float script on each object's z rotation would probably work but again nothing has worked so far.
I though about just creating a ForestPack object for each of the four objects, then set it to face the camera with that option on but then I lose a lot of the control I need to have on the object.

I'd really appreciate any help solving this issue.

RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Licensing for Distrubuted Rendering
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on July 23, 2024, 01:31:30 PM »
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing these troubles. There's no need for a license for rendering purposes - our plug-ins can be widely used on render farms as network rendering nodes do not require any type of license. The installer includes the "Render slave node" mode specifically for these purposes.

I suggest doing a quick test using RailClone Tools to export all distributed geometry to instances. You can find it under Utilities - More ... - RailClone Tools. For more information, please refer to our online documentation. This will help you determine if the problem occurs during the RailClone object conversion.

Best regards,
RailClone Pro (*) / Licensing for Distrubuted Rendering
« Last post by Rio on July 23, 2024, 01:23:10 PM »
Getting an issue rendering parts of an RC object via Xref Scene whilst using Corona DR. Just to check - I don't need a pro licence on every node in order to DR object which would otherwise need a Pro licence to render locally?

I have a pro licence on my main machine, but not on all the render nodes.

My understanding that for network rendering a pro licence is not required.
Hi,

Thank you for reporting this. You're using the latest version, 9.0.7b. Unfortunately, the corresponding tag hasn't been updated due to an error.

Best regards,
Attached a screenshot of a problem.
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Translation distribution map
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on July 22, 2024, 09:17:37 AM »
Hi,

Adjusting the Min and Max values as needed will do the trick. Please find attached a sample scene (240722_TranslationMapSampleScene_iToo.max). Additionally, please note that the Probability Map is designed for a different purpose. As mentioned in our documentation: 'Scatter objects in black areas of the map will not be randomized; objects in white areas will receive a value selected from the full range.'

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Re: translation problem
« Last post by djibvongenf on July 19, 2024, 07:42:34 PM »
Hello,

Any possibilities to resend the .max file by email by chance? im facing the same problem and cannot find the source :(

thank you
Forest Pro (*) / Translation distribution map
« Last post by djibvongenf on July 19, 2024, 07:39:21 PM »
Hi all,

Im trying to achieve an effect with the translation rollout to get a "wave" (white curve in the screenshot) distribution of an object in an area.  But i can't find any tutorials about this effects.

I've tried a probability map (b/w radial gradiant) plugged in with no result.

Maybe someone would have a clue.

Thank you
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: X Evenly distance problem
« Last post by Joker1979 on July 19, 2024, 02:01:50 PM »
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: X Evenly distance problem
« Last post by Paul Roberts on July 19, 2024, 01:57:23 PM »
You're very welcome - have a good weekend too!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10