Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Help Icons Not Working
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on March 19, 2024, 02:21:49 PM »
Hi,

Thank you for reporting this. We have published new online documentation, but as you pointed out, the change has not been reflected in all previous links. We'll fix that ASAP.

Best regards,
RailClone Pro (*) / Help Icons Not Working
« Last post by leejk on March 19, 2024, 02:09:08 PM »
Hi,

Not sure if this has always been this way or not, but noticed that when you click the help icon on an item in the graph, you either get no response or a page not found error in your browser. These are nice to have, so would be nice it they were functional.

RailClone Pro (*) / Re: How To Do Open Ended Brick Wall?
« Last post by leejk on March 19, 2024, 02:05:18 PM »
Thank you Paul. That is an impressive graph that I will study.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Creating presets with groups within?
« Last post by nubo on March 19, 2024, 12:32:39 PM »
@Michal,

How about a feature that would allow the library to merge the groups in the scene while loading the preset?  :D
That would be similar to the Forest Pack library mechanics, so maybe not so hard to implement?

Przemek
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Apply box mapping + groups with lights = lights gone
« Last post by nubo on March 19, 2024, 12:23:10 PM »
Thanks Michal,

So to be clear:
If I have a box and a light and I want to distribute them as a single segment I have to add them as two separate segment objects and join them using Compose instead of using a 3DSMax's native group?

That complicates things a bit especially when using a lot of props with multiple lights and I guess also requires preparing the pivots of all the objects to avoid manual adjustment with transform nodes inside RailClone.

Is changing the behavior of groups+mapping on any to do list or is it to obscure of a problem or possibly just beyond limitations?

Best regards,
Przemek
Forest Lite / Re: problemi con il caricamento della libreria forest lite
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on March 19, 2024, 09:37:23 AM »
Hi Alice,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing these troubles. Since the FP6, we've changed how bundled assets are handled - introduced the Update Manager (to update any package(s) when needed). One of the main reasons was the growing size of the installer and the necessity with any new release to re-download all libraries & maps, though some hadn't changed since the last published version. Also, this way it allows us to update/add new libraries at any time without the need to release a new version of the plug-in itself.

The Update Manager should be launched automatically during the installation process, but it might be that it didn't run correctly for some reason. Please open the Update Manager from the Window's Start menu or from C:\Program Files\Itoo Software\Forest Pack Lite and proceed with the download of library assets.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,
Hi Przemek,

If you need to use the Apply Box Mapping feature, you should apply it just to geometric segments - instead of using a Group, connecting these "geometric segments" with "non-geometric segments" should be done within the Compose Operator in the Grouped mode.

Best regards,
Forest Lite / problemi con il caricamento della libreria forest lite
« Last post by alice. on March 19, 2024, 09:19:05 AM »
Salve, ho scaricato la versione gratuita di Foresti Lite. Però quando entro nella library browser non ho nessun elemento caricato. potete aiutarmi?
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Like in the case of the RailClone plug-in - currently, when using the IPR/IR, switching to the Points-Cloud mode would be highly recommendable.

Best regards,
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Railclone Objects dissapear from viewport on IPR
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on March 19, 2024, 08:57:55 AM »
Hi,

First, let me mention that the IPR/IR mode has several limitations (in V-Ray and in Corona as well) and it's hard and sometimes even impossible to fix issues that occur with the Interactive Rendering as 3ds Max wasn't primarily designed for it - a series of cheats are being used (from the renderer side and from our side) to make it work.

Currently, when using the IPR/IR, switching to the Points-Cloud mode would be highly recommendable.

We'll check what can be done in future versions. Big thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10