Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Ah, ok, this what I usually do. But I thought there is a checkbox in FP somewhere to keep FP hidden until render.
RailClone Pro (*) / Compatible Versions ?
« Last post by Ricousto on April 05, 2024, 05:39:35 PM »
Hi,

Many models are taken from 3ds max 2018 (20000) in the Railclcone library.
It's indicated that Railclone is compatible with 3ds Max 2013 - 2024 (official support from 2019).
I understand that it is an official support from 2019 but for all that, the models come from 3ds max 2018.

So my question is relatively simple, why aren't the models in the library compatible with the same versions of 3ds max for Railclone (i.e. max 2013-2024) ?

Thanks
You can simply hide it (for example, by using the Hide Selection) or use the Forest Lister for these purposes to manage the Display - Build - Disable Object option (accessible also by Maxscript $.disabled = on / $.disabled = off). I hope that helps.

Best regards,
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: links can connect to hidden wires
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on April 05, 2024, 09:40:05 AM »
Hi,

With your help, we've been able to reproduce this behavior here too, and we'll investigate what can be done in future versions. Thank you for your feedback - it is very important to us.

Best regards,
RailClone Pro (*) / links can connect to hidden wires
« Last post by SJB on April 05, 2024, 12:54:11 AM »
Hi I have noticed this bug in RC 6.1.6 with links being able to connect to hidden wires. Easy to reproduce.
Thank you for your suggestion. But I cannot find how to enable FP object at the render time only. Could you point me to the right direction, please?
Thanks for your swift reply and the provided scene. It has to be investigated more deeply by our main developers. Let me mention, that the 'Max Item' value in the Viewport does not accurately count the exact number of items and discard them because that is not suitable and efficient for a multithreading approach. Instead, it makes an estimation of the possible number of items that will be generated and adjusts the density values to get an approximate result. In this case, it appears that the combination of parameters in your scene (it's a really large area) leads to an inaccurate estimation of the needed Density value. You may consider enabling the object only at the render time.

Best regards,
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: note problems
« Last post by SJB on April 04, 2024, 12:56:40 PM »
Hello I'm bumping this as I still have a few pain points with notes.

Points 1 and 2 from my last post still seem to be issues. I can't recreate #2 but it does happen sometimes still.

Some additional things:

3. Note borders are hard to grab to resize the notes when zoomed out. Is there a way to make it work more consistently? Maybe the border maintains thickness?
4. Note text is hard to read when zoomed out. Would be nice if user could make it larger like in UE Blueprint
5. Note movement doesn't get added to undo buffer. Sometimes notes get bumped and things get really messy. Undo would be nice instead of manual cleanup.

Edit: With #5 maybe a solution is to make notes have a top bar which is the only place a note can be dragged. I think UE Blueprint might be like this. So that will allow click drag selection of a group of nodes inside a note without the note itself moving.

Thanks!
I was able to simplify the scene. Here is the 3ds Max 2024 file with problematic FP attached.
Hi,

I have just done some tests with Forest Pack 8.2.6, but so far, I cannot reproduce the reported problem - it seems to work just fine in my quick tests. Please find attached the sample scene (240404_limitToVisibilityMax_iToo.max). If possible, feel free to send us your scene - preferably simplified and containing only the problematic object(s) - ideally, if you can reproduce it on a minimal scene, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]