Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Create a curtain wall building  (Read 44817 times)

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Create a curtain wall building
« on: March 13, 2014, 12:33:13 PM »
Post here your questions and comments about the Create a curtain wall building tutorial
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

OQ2133

Re: Create a curtain wall building
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 02:27:08 PM »
Seems the bottom of the "Hidden" building is missing in the files

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 10:38:44 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. It seems you're right, the bottom of the building is mysteriously absent. We've changed the tutorials files so that this style is now available, please feel free to re-download them the tutorial page.

Many thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

golden_phoenix

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 03:14:33 PM »
Hi to all!!!
Need help.. how to make this "y" evenly element correctly like in screenshot... tryed a lot of things but nothing((( Also in future i will need to make the same with "x" evenly element
Thanks.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 04:40:30 PM »
Hi,

I guess you're looking for a solution how to "scale" the middle Segment used in the Compose Operator (to not repeat it, once the width is reached). What about using the XSectionLength value, rest X Sizes of the first and last Segment and drive the X Fixed Size of the middle Segment with it?

Attaching a sample scene showing this set-up. Hope you'll find it helpful.

Best regards,

golden_phoenix

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 06:15:17 PM »
Thank you very much!!! Its great and helpfull. But still i dont understend how to cap these holes (look at screenshot) and how i can operate with this black strips? for example for making window #2 and #3..

golden_phoenix

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 07:35:53 PM »
for example i made some slieced part of window with evenly default part and end parts... maybe it will helps for getting answer for my question

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 05:14:02 PM »
Hi,

Well, RailClone currently doesn't include any "cap" feature - usually sliced Segments are completed with the Start/End segments in case of Linear 1S Gemerator, or Sides enclosing Array 2S.

Probably the easiest way would be to "prepare" (model / attach corresponding border part) the Segment used for the Y Evenly ("win_centr_ev_01" in your case) in a similar way as the Segment used for the Top Side ("window_by_max002 Default-Top").

Best regadrs,

golden_phoenix

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 06:32:38 PM »
Well, anyway Thanks! it doesnt solve my problem. but maybe i need to make this window in other way.. :(

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 11:27:00 AM »
Hi,

If you don't see the advised option (attaching the "cap" to Segment(s) used for the Y Evenly part of the style) for any reason suitable for your needs, what about "scaling" Default's X Size & Y Size parameters of the window Segment ("window_by_max002") with cap in a similar way as the "win_centr_ev_01" one? Attaching a modified scene.

Best regards,

MS4538

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 11:37:09 AM »
hello, when select window in the segment, there the windows are lie on the ground, I follow the video tutorial but the result is strange, I'm using 3dsmax 2018 and railclone 3.09, window 10, thanks.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 12:28:19 PM »
Hi,

Since the RC3, the default Y Spline Mode is the Y / Z - switching to the X / Y Mode (attaching screen-shot) should fix it. You may find interesting our "Creating Weave Patterns" tutorial showing these "RC2 / RC3 array orientation differences". Hope that helps.

Best regards,

MS4538

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 01:21:43 PM »
Hi, Michal, your answer very helpful, thank you!

Richard7666

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 05:28:10 AM »
I had the same problem with the changed X/Y thing and spent 20 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong until I thought to come on here.

Could you guys add an overlay to the videos on Vimeo/Youtube explaining this? Especially as they're aimed at new users.

dominic_patel

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 02:44:54 PM »
Hi All,

I'm new to railclone and still getting my head round most of the plugin.

Is anyone able to explain why I'm having this issue shown in the attached images? When I wire the mullion node into the x evenly slot it is causing the glass geometry that is wired onto the default slot to disappear. Rotating through 90 seems to bring the geometry back but then i loose the geometry from x evenly. This happens anywhere I wire in the mullion node.

I've been through the curtain walling tutorial several times now and cant seem to figure out what might be going wrong!

Thanks in advanced for any advice.

Best

Dominic
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 03:05:46 PM by dominic_patel »