RailClone > Tutorials

Creating randomised books

<< < (3/4) > >>

AndrasP:
any chance that you can update that tutorial to mach the new behaviour?

in the knowledge base, you mentioned 2 solutions, but the first one isn`t working, that leaves us the second one with the expressions, but as a beginner, tbh I have no idea how to change the rotation angle or rotate the books to the opposite direction and it feels overcomplicated anyway.

I only work on interiors and I mainly bought railclone for books, bookcases and railings and this is slightly disappointing because you "forgot" to mention at the tutorials that the software has changed since then.

Paul Roberts:
Hi,

My apologies, as I've already mentioned the video was recorded before the change in behaviour. I'll update the text though to reflect the new changes.

I've just checked with RailClone 2.6 and both techniques in the Knowledge Base work fine. I've attached the revised file for you to take a look at. This was achieved by editing the transform operator show in the screen grab below.

If this doesn't help please feel free to upload your version and I'll see what's going on.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Many thanks,

Paul

AndrasP:
thanks for the quick answer :)
it works in your file so I guess I my setup was wrong.
it seems that if you increase the angle of rotation, the overlapping area is increasing too. apart from that, all the books are rotated in the same way. I guess for both problems, the solution is to use expressions with the `arithmetic` operator. it`s not a big deal though, this version is fine in most cases, so thank you very much!

---
it seems I forgot to change the mode to adaptive on the rules panel of the L1S generator. :)

Louis:
Hello,

I'm here for a learning purpose.

I'm trying to create a procedural for a bookshelf and so far I managed to know how to do procedural but there is one that I'm struggling with. How can I not make books crash through against the upright width of the bookshelf? Please see the image in the attachment so you know what I mean. I have attached the file so you can get a closer look.

Really need help with this one. Thank you so much!

Paul Roberts:
Hi Louis,

I've answered on email but I'll post here too so that others can benefit.

Please find attached the modified version of your scene. I've made a few small changes to make it work

- To stop the books intersecting the start and end, I added Generator padding.

- I see you are using Adaptive deform mode. This only works well when all the Default segments are the same size on the X axis. Instead I've set the mode to Tile and used a Macro called Scale Final X Segment. This will attempt to scale the final book to fit the remaining space.

I hope that helps

Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version