Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Creating randomised books  (Read 34284 times)

Louis

Re: Creating randomised books
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2021, 08:42:10 PM »
Hi Paul,

Yes this is exactly what I've been looking for!

Please do I appreciate that you posted it here instead of email. I'm sure there are people like me looking for this kind of solution and here you are!

Thank you so much!

I have 3 problems here

1) I see that the padding that can be played around at "Books" Array, Segment (default 30, null connected to X Evenly) and you added a generator of "Scale final X seg." My question is how do I know the exact way to achieve control better by adjusting "Left" and "Right" to avoid crashing through against the upright wall. Because playing around for each padding confuses me while looking different upright width at different locations and is hard to control or I lack my knowledge of how it works?

2) When adjusting the padding to get perfect avoiding from crashing through or stop the books intersecting, I noticed that the book ended up a small book (I mean less pages even about 1-5 pages or sometimes doesn't even look like a book instead of a lot of pages). Is there a way I can tell books to not go maybe less than 100 pages or at least make it look like it's a book?

3) Lastly you mentioned that you set the mode to Tile from Adaptive. I set it to Adaptive because I thought it helped to avoid slice and unnecessary added books after the end of the bookshelf. If I want to set a Tile like you did, all I need is to go to each segment of books and uncheck "Slice" from the "Deform" tab to get rid of the slice?