RailClone > Tutorials

Creating randomised books

(1/4) > >>

iToo:
Post here your questions and comments about the Creating randomised books tutorial.

Karax:
Hey! Thanks for a great tutorial!

Is there a way to save this style in the User library? When I save and load it in a new scene, it doesn't work properly, because the short splines for the pile and leaning books are missing. The only way to make it work is to create new splines and assign them to the nested RailClone objects. Would be nice if this wasn't necessary.

Paul Roberts:
Hi,

Thanks for the question.  We encountered the same issue so since this tutorial was released we have introduced a new feature that allows you to create 1d arrays without the need for a splines. This should allow you to use styles with nested 1d arrays as a preset.

To use this feature, instead of using small splines for the leaning and piles of books, specify a length using the X Size parameter found in the L1S Generator's properties:

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Paul

Karax:
Thanks a lot, it works perfectly!

Karax:
There is one small issue left - if I want to control the viewport display (mesh/box/adaptive) of the nested RailClone objects in the new scene, I need to extract these segments in the scene.

Not a big problem, but is there some way to control the display from the "master" RailClone?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version