RailClone > Tutorials

Mapping Tiles and Bricks

(1/4) > >>

Paul Roberts:
Please post any question or comments about the Mapping Tile and Bricks tutorial here.

Bruno NM:
Hi,
I was wondering is there is a way to use the same technique, but which handle corners in arrays2s? Like use a X spline with corners an set an Y distance or use a Y spline ? Because with clipping spline area corners are cut.
In the tutorial parameterising windows i noticed you use a different technique but the problem is bricks are not in quincunx, they are in sequence, in quincunx with corners will be better.
Or we have to use a linear 1s method like into ''Getting Sart Exercice'' the scene Operators_1 ?
I would like to use corners for create windows recess.
I hope you understand my issue.

Bruno NM:
Hi,
Since some days i try to figure how to create corner with this method. I try do do the same like in the tutorial but which following a rectangular spline, so that's will handle corner.
In the picture below you see the style create kind of square brick on the corner, and the Google picture show us a corner which is a serie of bricks put above each the previous...
If you have a idea to do this ? I was thinking maybe there is a thing with the conditionnal operator, and actually i do the corner lesson (in next step with RC) perhaps there is the tips i would like to find...
Let me know..

Paul Roberts:
Hi!

Please see the attached for a possible solution. It use padding values to overlap the corners as you would find in a real wall, these have been extracted automatically from the size of the bricks which is why there are a few more nodes in the graph but it could be simplified by hard coding these values.

Because there's no slicing this style works best when the corners are at 90 degrees. I hope it helps but please let me know if you have any further questions.

Many thanks!

Paul

Bruno NM:
Pretty good ! Thank you a lot !
Just one question for clarify, why do you use an ''Null'' segment in Y Sequence and Compose operator ? Why this is necessary to this style ?

Just below you see i used this style on a rectangular spline, you notice at the end vertex of the spline there is a gap. Maybe this is due to the brick X size, it's normal there is almost no chance that's will end exactly.
So i wonder if we have to use an arithematic node for X size ?
Perhaps with rectangular splines we don't need an half brick...
In this case (with rectangular spline again), do we consider Right like Start (which is the first vertex) and Left like End (which is the last vertex) ? I say that because this is a loop with corner....

Sorry if i'm a bit confused here, hope you understand my basic English level...
Many thanks again for the time you spend to answer our questions =)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version