RailClone > Tutorials

Parameterising Windows with RailClone

<< < (3/19) > >>

Sbaur:
Hi Paul

First of all thank you for the window tutorial, this is just what i needed.
So I started to make my own windows and everything is working fine except there is one thing which is bugging me.

My intention is to use the RailClone Windows as a starter-set and then i want to edit them with an EditPoly-Modifier.
The problem is that I get random vertices on the upper edge of the glass (the default segment in the 2S Array)

I have attached a screenshot of what i mean.

Is there any way to get rid of those extra vertices? the other parts of the mesh are all clean, so im hoping this "error" can be solved.

Kind regards

Stef

Paul Roberts:
Hi,

I'm pleased the tutorial is helpful and you're getting good results :)

Those rogue vertices could be caused when the glass segment is sliced to fit the size of the array. Try changing Style > Operate On from Triangle to Quads and they should disappear.

I hope that helps.

Many thanks!

Paul

Sbaur:
Oh. My. Gosh.
 :o

Well this solution was a lot easier than i thought!
Thanks a lot.

Have a great day.

Paul Roberts:
Great! Glad it fixed the problem.  :)

Sbaur:
Hi Paul (or other fellow RailClone-Users)
I have another question as im making more and more windows with RailClone.  :)

I want to make a sliding window.
This is tricky: the left side is not symmetrical to the right side, because of the sliding part which is behind the fix part of the window. (See attachment)

For the corners it is no problem, i can link them to the appropriate segments, the same for the sides.

The X Evenly is the same like in the tutorial with the selector and the arithmetic-node with the expression:
if(YSplinePosition = 0,3,
if(YSplinePosition = 1,1,2))

Now the tricky parts: Top Side, Bottom Side and Default.
I also used a selector node with an arithmetic-node.
In the expression i can't get the selector to select the correct geometry for the sides.... it always selects just on of the geometry for both sides.

here is what my expression looks like:

if(XSplinePosition = 0,1,2)

With my weak programming skills, i understand this as:

If the spline position on the X-axis is zero, then use the first geometry, otherwise use the second geometry

Where am i going wrong?
I have added my StyleEditor in the attachment.

Kind regards

Stef

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version