RailClone > Tutorials

Parameterising Windows with RailClone

<< < (4/19) > >>

Paul Roberts:
Hi Stef,

Check out my answer to Florian's post earlier in this thread. It doesn't mention sliding windows but it is about how to create sequences on the X axis as well as the Y which I think is what you need here.

Your expression is correct but because the first default, bottom, or top segment always offset by the left side of the array, these segment are not at position 0. Instead you could try if(XSplinePosition < 0.5,1,2) to detect if the segment is in the first half of the window.

I hope that helps, let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Many thanks!

Paul

Sbaur:
Hi Paul

I tried:
if(XSplinePosition < 0.5,1,2)
and it works. Hurray!  ;D

I will definitely check the sequence tutorial, since im going to create more and more complicated windows.

So thank you very much once again.

Kind regards
Stef

HP3623:
Thanks, for the tutorial. Was definitely something I've missed in the existing ones.

I tried to do something similar keeping in mind the "rules" mentioned in the tutorial. But there is one issue, regarding the default section. I would like to keep the glass separated from the window geometry. But when I try it this way, the whole style failes and look really arkward. I even tried to set the glass section to exactly the same sizes which it would have when it was part of the window geometry, but that didn't work either.

Would be great if you could give me a tip.

TL1895:
+1 for an alternate method that keeps the glass pane geometry as a separate segment...good idea

Paul Roberts:
Hi!

Thanks for contacting us. This can be achieved by editing the process explained in the tutorial slightly:

- Slice the object as normal (except for the glass) and add the pieces in exactly the same way as the tutorial. The only difference is that the segments used for the horizontal bars (not the top and bottom though) should have the pivot aligned to the bottom of the tallest segment to ensure they align correctly.

- For these segments, in RailClone change Alignment > Y to Pivot.

- Finally, add the glass to the default Input as in the tutorial, but adjust the segment's Padding values so that the glass overlaps the surrounding frame. For the left, Right and Bottom this is straightforward but due to the negative padding on the bottom you'll find the glass is no longer tall enough to fill the void. To fix this, wire the existing Pane Height parameter to a new Arithmetic operator set to Add. Wire a Constant node to the second input and use this value to increase the height. Edit both the Constant value and the Top padding until the glass overlaps the correct amount without pushing the row above out of alignment

In this example I've hard coded the values but you could add parameters and expressions to help calculate them automatically if you prefer.

I've attached a file to demonstrate this approach. I hope that helps but please let me know if you need anything else.

Many thanks!

Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version