Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Parameterising Windows with RailClone  (Read 111650 times)

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Parameterising Windows with RailClone
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2016, 05:18:30 PM »
Hi,

You can fix that issue by changing the first segment attached to all the Sequence Operators in the style that are set to Increment on Y. This is needed because the bottom counts as the first row.

I hope that helps.

Thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Visualimo

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2016, 08:24:54 PM »
Thanks a lot Paul ! works fine now :)
Railclone powaa ^^

TL1895

Re: Parameterising Windows with RailClone-DH
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2016, 12:10:43 AM »
Wanted to share a style Paul Roberts helped me with, honestly is was my model and he made the style work.
Anyway,  I hope it's helpful to learn from even thought it's a quick, sloppy base model.  It is based on a Marvin double hung Clad Ultimate series window.
Big thank you to Paul for once again saving my sanity!  :o
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:15:18 AM by TL1895 »

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2016, 11:40:35 AM »
Hi,
I am trying to do 2s array doors with dynamic Z value. After whole night of tests I  dont' have idea how to do equal divisions  in Z axis.

Thank for any help,
Regards
Michal

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2016, 12:02:17 PM »
Hi Michal,

Please take a look at the attached sample file for a solution to this issue. Here's how I've solved it.

1 - It's important to add Transform operators for adjusting the Y Size of segments if you are going to drive the values with more complex equations. This is because segment's values can not always be edited directly using an equation or values exported from another segment. In most cases you will get a warning about this but it seems not in this case.
2 - To calculate the correct size for the segments you need to work out the height of the door minus the size of the top and bottom frame and any glazing bars. The number of glazing bars will be one fewer than the number of glass segments.
3 - The height after these values have been subtracted should then be divided by the number of door division. To write this full equation out in english would look something like this...

(Door Height - Top Frame Y Size - Bottom Frame Y Size - ((Door Divisions - 1)*Glazing Bar Y Size)) / Door Divisions

Expressed as nodes it looks like this:

You could also write it as an expression, but I've avoided that in this case so as not to overcomplicate things.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Many Thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2016, 12:30:37 PM »
Hi Paul,

Works great !!!

Now I get it - thank You for the explanation,
Michal

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2016, 04:00:56 AM »
Paul
I was wondering if is possible to do something like this: if i have one transome - i can dynamicly define z value, if i switch to two divisions i can edit height for top and bottom transom, if i have three i can define Z values for each and so on,

Thanks,
Michal

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2016, 11:35:18 AM »
Hi Michal,

It isn't possible to dynamically add or remove Numeric nodes so you'd have to include all the values for the size of each panel in the Parameters rollout, even the ones you don't need. But apart from that it shouldn't be a problem. You can either add multiple segments to the Sequence operator, each with a different Y Size, or select from a list of sizes based on the segment's Y count. I've attached a sample file that illustrates the latter.

Many Thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2016, 05:50:04 PM »
Hi Paul
Sorry for late respond. Thanks for help. You are genius:)

Morne

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2016, 09:20:41 AM »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2016, 01:50:13 PM »
Hi Morne,

Thanks for this question. It's a little tricky to use the technique show in this tutorial for curve topped windows but instead you could try combining some of the techniques show here with a couple of L1S generators to get a similar result. In this setup the L1S generators use the spline to create the frame and bevel the corners, while the A2S generator uses the spline to clip and fill in the centre. This allows you to create windows of different shapes - for example:

There are a couple of limitations. First the frame is actually in the outside of the spline, this is to allow the clipping operation to slice the glass and glazing bar geometry so that it matches the frame correctly.

Also to selectively remove the sill you need to change the material ID of the spline segment at the bottom to a value greater than 1. You should also use Corner vertices only when the sill is removed, otherwise use Bezier-Corner verts. This is because of a Conditional operator I've used to remove bevels from the corners when the sill is removed.

Many Thanks,

Paul

« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 01:52:39 PM by Paul Roberts »
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Morne

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2016, 01:53:54 PM »
That's AWESOME!

Thank you very much Paul!

DerDena

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2017, 12:52:27 PM »
Hi there,

all of a sudden my parametric windows have an extra window on the bottom side, so i just downloaded the files from the tutorials to check if maybe my files are broken, but it´s the same there.

Using Max 15 / RC 2.7

Here is a screenshot from the tutorial files attached.

Thanks for help,

Denis

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2017, 02:29:42 PM »
Hi,

This is due to the way that sequences are counted. I think there's been a small change between versions and the bottom row is now counted correctly as the first in the sequence. To get around this you can just add 1 to the counter for the first input in each Sequence operator.

Many Thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

DerDena

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2017, 02:49:20 PM »
Hey Paul,

sorry for not reading carefully what you posted earlier. ;)

works perfectly.

Thank you so much,
Denis