Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Creating Libraries  (Read 28014 times)

rkfkalee

Re: Creating Libraries
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 07:47:55 PM »
When I open the "lawnpresets.max" file in the 3d max, it shows the error. There is no problem to open the file if I just click open and ignore it, but I think this means some potential problem..
What does it mean?
3d max is 2012 version, and Vray is 2.0003 version.

And also, when I open any items included in the tutorial file, it shows the same error message as I see with the "lawnpresets.max" file.
If I try to render the image with the items, it shows the error message like shown in the second capture.
I deleted the tutorial files and redownloaded it, and also reinstalled my 3d max, but it still shows the error.
What is the problem??

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 09:44:23 PM »
Hi,

Apologies for the issues with these files. That error appears to be related to state sets, which wasn't introduced until Max 2013. It is probably because I created the tutorial files in an more recent version of Max and then saved back to 2011 format (though I don't recall using states sets).

I'll see if I can remove the issue and re-upload the files. In the meantime this script to remove missing DLLs from the scene may be useful to fix the files if you're in a hurry.

The second error message may be because you are loading a library preset with the Standard renderer active? We only provided material libraries for Corona, Mental Ray and V-Ray in the tutorial files, but the maxscript will still detect and attempt to load material libraries for other renderers. If you switch the render to one of the other 3 do you still get the issue?

Many thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

samip.pudke

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2016, 08:35:24 AM »
this custom library nevr happen to my pc, always show its not possible if bla bla bla .  ;D ;D ;D

i was wondering. this is because pirated software, now i purchased this software still having same issues. i cant add any 3d object in custom library.

help me out itoo.
samip.
india

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2016, 09:09:54 AM »
Hi Samip,

When creating your own libraries do you get the error "It is not possible to do this operation if a Max object is being created. Please, open the library browser from the Max  modify panel and try again"?

If so, this happens only when you open the library browser from the Select button found in the Create panel. There are certain restrictions in Max on create or editing a library when while Forest object is also being created. For this reason, if you want to edit a library you should always use the Library button found in the Geometry rollout that's available only when you're in the Modify Panel.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have further questions.

Many thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

samip.pudke

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2016, 09:22:36 AM »
i want to put all them in custom library with thumbnails but

samip.pudke

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2016, 09:27:28 AM »
thanks sir, its sorted out.
and it wont disappear while rendering right?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2016, 12:34:30 PM »
Hi!

As long as you have removed your pirated license and you're not using any objects that were created with it your objects shouldn't disappear during renders.

I hope that helps

Thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

gargvarun041

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 03:10:41 PM »
Thanks for the extra tips, I'm sure people will find them useful. You're absolutely right about heavy meshes, in this case we would always recommend one model per file. This is mentioned in the large presets section but could have been made more explicit up front.

nefertum

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2023, 02:54:27 PM »
Hi,
I have a burning question regarding library creation. I need to create a few new libraries of my custom assets. MANY custom assets. I have the folder structures neatly ready: for each library a root folder with max files, each max file containing single model. Subfolders "maps" and "thumbnails". Names of thumbnails are identical to the names of max files.
Now, I know I can use the Library browser > right click > Import objects > import multiple assets into the library. However, the process of initalizing the objects in "Import objects" window from many max files takes very long time, proportionally.
Alternative, which I have already tried, is create "index.xml" and manually create paragraphs of <item class> entires. This would be in this case VERY time consuming.

Is there a way, to automatize the creation of index.xml (probably outside the interface of 3dsmax), if the proper conditions are met (same folder structure, idnetical naming convention)? Perhaps some batch file, script, etc?
Some vendors (maxtree collections) provide such index.xml files, working right off the bat, if mentioned requierements are met, and it's super handy. However, this is not case of our own files, of course.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2023, 08:56:24 AM »
Hi,

Now, I know I can use the Library browser > right click > Import objects > import multiple assets into the library. However, the process of initalizing the objects in "Import objects" window from many max files takes very long time, proportionally.

How many Max files need you to import ?
I just tested this process (to be sure there is not any problem), and it required just several seconds for 40 Max files.
Unfortunately we cannot optimize it more, because its performance depends of a 3DS Max process which scans the files.

I know this process is not very responsive, but even for tons of files, i think it should not take more than a few minutes to be completed.

Is there a way, to automatize the creation of index.xml (probably outside the interface of 3dsmax), if the proper conditions are met (same folder structure, idnetical naming convention)? Perhaps some batch file, script, etc?
Some vendors (maxtree collections) provide such index.xml files, working right off the bat, if mentioned requierements are met, and it's super handy. However, this is not case of our own files, of course.

No, sorry. It could be done, but actually we have not any script to scan files, outside of Max.
Probably these vendors wrote their own tools, or used the Forest import utility.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software